Pre amp Rechagable battery replacement advice please

This?

That’s 24V rather than 19.2V

Cheers for all the help I plan to go forward with a two pronged solution.
1/ Replace one side with like for like new ones

2/ Try and adapt a 19v DC supply -I have several nobsound ones.

To do that I need to ID the flying connector so I can buy one.

any Ideas what this is?

For interest here is the inside of the pre itself
Some sort of transformer

Are the ones I listed last night the correct ones? Albeit £48 to replace all the batteries.

https://www.buyabattery.co.uk/binatone-terrain-550-batteries-4-8v-600mah-twin-pack-gb411844.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5-29wozQ6gIVRLTtCh3HbA10EAQYBCABEgLl4fD_BwE

1 Like

There seems to be something under the pot. I imagine that’s where the circuitry is.

No idea about the connector, you’ll have to search RS/Farnell/Mouser/etc. Probably only a few hundred or so to look at. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those look like they match the spec, at least.

Yes they were - appreciate the effort thanks.
I may have found some for £4 though

The new snag though is the dodgy charging system. That make selling it before I die
more problematic. I think I paid £300 for it.

I didn’t realise you were selling it, just thought you wanted to get a few more years use out of it so thought the cost spread over a few years was less important.

Bit different if the replacement batteries are 20% of the sale value!

Bodge it. Sell it quickly. Move house.

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s dodgy?

No I am not sure there is much risk - Generally it seems well made and may be no fire risk
given its paltry 0.15 mA charge rate

No I m not selling it now I badly need a preamp in my current system and this one is prefect - but I’m always mindful of that potential selling event. Claire has told me she wants all my shit gone before I die.

No. That’s what the wall wart is rated at, as maximum allowed current draw. It doesn’t mean that it’s limited to that or supplies that as a constant current. More likely if you try to draw more it will simply get hot/melt, unless it has protection.

Seriously, if you don’t understand even basic concepts like that, then you shouldn’t be messing with it. Batteries aren’t a joke.

1 Like

Presumably there are also no fuses to protect against shorts and such. :weary:

1 Like

You’ve got to be drunk or otherwise intoxicated to find that funny enough to laugh at.

I suspect some alkohole was consumed :thinking:

2 Likes

Isn’t this one of the many things that make Boeings fall out of the sky?

Well, none actually crashed because of battery.

buy one of them hyundi bionics, electric pedal car things, and whip a battery out of that. Won’t make a spec of difference to the pedal car

Ready for being laughed at…

Is it possible that the batteries are for remote volume control only?

Only wondered as often transformer based pres don’t need power.