Pub Food

Omfg, I am just about old enough to remember when fruit juice was legitimately offered as a Starter. Jesus.

Wonder what the seafood creole was like?

I hate to thinkā€¦

Nothing served on roof tiles or driftwood in those days!

What about Berniā€™s Meringue Fountain?

I wonder what the date of that menu is. It has got taramasalata on it - so Iā€™d guess early 1980s

A couple of years back at a certain pub in Barmouth a young waiter come to the table and plopped down a plated childrenā€™s meal and in all seriousness announced this to be ā€˜chicken in the jungleā€™. It was fucking turkey dinosaurs and chips FFS :joy:

To this day everytime we eat out at a pub we get the kids to ask for chicken in the jungle.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m guessing that Black Forest Gateau had perhaps gone out of fashion by then.

Soup in a basket

Earlier -

Teach me to read the whole threadā€¦

Are you sure about that bump on the head? :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

Braised lamb shanks.

Were never the same after Pato Banton left in '95. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just had a meeting with them this afternoon, and itā€™s all systems go. I basically have run of the place in terms of specifying what happens, which is fucking brilliant.

Got an absolute shit-ton of work to get done now.

4 Likes

Without warning them put posters up all around town advertising a Faecal Foam Party, strap ons mandatory, logo incorporating swastikas. Free bar. An arbitrary discriminatory entry policy like no blind pensioners.

Can you do a breakfast for Ā£3.50?

1 Like

offal fry and mash: livers, kidney, sweet bread, and brains with mash and truffled onion gravy

2 Likes

Stephenā€™s brother?

7 Likes

Are you going to go for authentic condiments?

2 Likes

1984 according to google

These prices are more 70ā€™s

2 Likes