Record Store Day 2019 for those who can be bothered

I’ll just pay someone to queue by buying via eBay lol

Went once very early and still missed the only thing I was there for and has to get it from eBay.

I had both the Cheree 12”’s when they first came out - best things they ever did imo. I remember Melody Maker saying they had blown up their speakers listening to them due to the quiet to loud transition.:grinning:

1 Like

A couple of new ones i want on there, can’t see any 45rpm re-releases, am I mistaken?

Also, which are going to the best for flipping, I’m going this year for one of the new releases and might as well cover my costs by flipping one or two.

The NIN cover of Dead Souls is an absolute train wreck. (Ditto Moby’s cover of New Dan Fades which isn’t on that OST but deserves a drive-by cockpunch because reasons). Rollins version of Ghost Rider is fun though.

1 Like

To be frank, Burn is a stonker, everything else=meh.

2 Likes

Yep. They resuscitated that on their last tour of the UK. I was pleasantly surprised when it appeared in the encores at the gig I went to in MCR.

1 Like

The queue started at 2 am this morning followed by another at 6 am here at Sound It Out Records Stockton-on-Tees…Either mad or dedicated!..
First guy is a Status Quo addict…keep your legs crossed Guys :grinning:

Why? Seriously. Why?

Fans and flippers, the latter being organised with people paid to buy the records.

Pre orders for flipped records on eBay today

1 Like

I got that on CD from the local charity shop for 50p. I certainly ripped it, and then probably binned it.

I still don’t really understand the vinyl thing :thinking:

You seem to want a faff free experience ?

Don’t get it.

Only one thing better than faff and that’s expensive faff :smile:

3 Likes

Where does life-threatening faff come in the faff continuum?

You know, imminent danger of electrocution or conflagration, that kind of thing.

Life threatening is near the pinnacle.

Anything that prevents the system working is good particularly if repair involves a lot of time and expense.

No pain … no gain.

1 Like

Not sure what it is to be honest! I just like collecting stuff.

My mother was a proper pack-rat.

Consequently I have an abiding horror of clutter.

Yeah, yeah. Mother issues.

1 Like

Queuing now with thermos :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Is thermos one of Stronzetto’s mates?

3 Likes

MEH! to queues and the sheep who inhabit them prior to being fleeced by vinyl vendors…

Plan B: To feck with queuing…

1 Like

We’re all being fleeced by vinyl vendors; the prices are going through the roof.