Reterminating a schuko plug query

Taking off a schuko mains plug and replacing it with a UK plug should be straightforward? I’ll find a 3 cord cable with live, neutral and earth when removed?

Schuko plugs are filled with angry demons who will tear your face-off like an alpha chimpanzee and shit into your jawhole - all the while screaming at you in German for your folly and foolish pride; you will become lame, impotent, develop dandruff and halitosis, you will be forced to wander the Earth undergoing a series of hopeless trials (weave a rope of sand, empty a lake with a leaky limpet shell, etc), and the fruit of your loins will be cursed to go about on all fours - even unto the seventh generation.

Also, God kills a kitten every time someone opens a Schuko plug.

But yeah, apart from that, shit’s regular as fuck :+1:

10 Likes

3 phase cable… Sounds like a competent person, crack on buddy and good luck.

9 Likes

1 Like

I like your post.

Keep the fancy plug, fit a couple of round pin sockets straight onto the trips and Bobs yer uncle’s dog. Then go onto another forum and declare the installation to be superior and wait for measured response.

1 Like

And do mention the special 3 phase cable whenever possible, for added effect :slight_smile:

1 Like

You won’t find helpful insight like that anywhere else on the web :+1:

1 Like

You’ll also have to decide what rating the fuse should be in your new plug. The job of the fuse is, in the event of an overcurrent fault in the cable or the equipment, to blow before the cable catches fire. Normally the manufacturer specifies the rating of the fuse because they’re the people who know what current the cable can safely survive. If you’re lucky it might have some labelling along the side of it which will let you look it up on the internet. Since Schuko plugs don’t have fuses in them the associated cables are also often pretty robust. But there’s no absolute guarantee of that of course.

VB

2 Likes

Fuses, fuses are for eejiots. Convert the installation to spurs (radials for the pedants), bugger the earths and scrap the fuses.

I may well have to re-wire an house soon, I found a circuit diagram on line, have screwdriver, can’t be that bloody hard.

4 Likes

I was trying to think of an Arsenal joke. But I’ll just stick to saying ‘radials’ (spurs typically come off existing ring-main circuits, radials come direct from the consumer unit).

VB

1 Like

You been reading HFS in the Dunny again?

Be careful or you’ll be done for Arsen-al

Pretty colours :+1:

1 Like

What is wrong with a butter knife? Screwdrivers are for pussies.

2 Likes

Someone who has a special knife for butter should not be calling other people pussies.

2 Likes

No doubt there’s a separate one for salted and unsalted :thinking:

11 Likes

That phrase fills me with dread. A 3 phase cable would have live, live, live and neutral and earth or just earth. Please be very careful and make sure you are competent to rewire the cable as the colour coding of the cores may be different to UK practice.

This I doubt, because only the most truly suspect of characters entertains the presence of unsalted butter in their households for any purpose aside from sexual lubrication…

2 Likes

Deleted.