Settle 2022 Sep 16-18th

Likes for all that apart from the atrocious publication of my fodder heartache.

2 Likes

Phono stage.

2 Likes

Many thanks to Dave for all the work he put in, and the organising.
Micky for the mammouth effort for breakfast each morning.
All who brought food and kit. We lacked for nothing, and there was masses left over.
Great weekend.

1 Like

Paradise. Dual mono two box: power supply and the class A phono stage

1 Like

Looks like a great weekend

In case anyone’s interested I think this is the route we walked (I’m sure about the way up, Dave can confirm the way back)

Just shy of 18km (almost exactly 11 miles) going. But it’s not the going that hurts on this one. It’s the 640m of ascent and descent, some of it decently steep (at least, if you’re a southern softy) and a lot of it on rocky paths. My feet knew this morning that they’d put some work in !

10 Likes

That is some effort.

We ran most of it. Wasn’t too bad.

(The bit about 6km, above, was the wobble moment).

I have to thank my Sherpa Steve, and emotional rock Dave, Graeme was steadfast and inspiring.

5 Likes

There was some quality groaning from the shower block following their return, I think they bonded.

8 Likes

I too have been up Ingleborough (as part of a geology field trip), but it was, err, 35 years ago.

Great effort guys.

1 Like

There is a good deal of geology up there. At one point we had to stop to let Dave shake a piece of it out of his boot. If you raised your eyes from the path you could easily trip over it (I certainly did).

2 Likes

Looks like a great weekend was had by all!

1 Like

Couldn’t make it this year, but hopefully next year.

1 Like

That looks like a great w/e.

It was !!

2 Likes

Still waiting for someone to claim the white, vacuum coffee holder…

I think it’s yours Steve.

2 Likes

mine, completely forgot about it :frowning:

Who’s got it at the mo?

1 Like

Finally getting around to thanking ALL of you for welcoming a virgin Settler.
What a fantastic weekend!
There’s way too many to give praise to, but a special thanks must go to MickyRicky for his epic efforts for the incredible breakfasts.
Finally, huge thank you to Mick for the last leg of the driving and hospitality.
Sincerely, it was great to meet you all. I’m already looking forward to next year :grin::+1:

9 Likes