Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Not much of a challenge with tone scouts as they have no bass :rofl:

1 Like

Not new but put the Decca Gold back in for shits&giggles, surprising is how good the IQ3 is as I expected it to be mullered by the Decca

1 Like

Just need a Jays, or a turntable heavy enough to flatten the lot of it.

1 Like

PSHAW! And why not both?! Hmmmm? Ambition, man! Ambition!

2 Likes

Really enjoying spinning some silver discs with this Cyrus Discmaster 8.0 which I bought from @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion !

With it’s DVD Player hat on, there is a noticeable improvement in picture and sound quality over the venerable Loewe predecessor!

As can be seen, it functions as a CD Transport and yet to my ears, there is much more detail and depth to the sound, compared to my old Rotel RCD 06.

:sunglasses:

19 Likes

I recently bought Chelsea Dave’s turntable, Pete came down to set it up for me and a few others came round see

I appear to be at a bakeoff

Straight after that day I had to empty the room for decorators and have just got everything back up and running

The Clarity Dual turntable is superbly made by Claro Audio, an offshoot of Claro Precision Engineering,
based in Harrogate, Yorks. Normally known for making medical instruments and laser parts.
The base is machined alluminium and contains the bearing and two motors and sperate belts.
Topped off with a 95mm thick Acetal platter.

Remote LDA Quartz power supply does 33 and 45 and is adjustable with a memory function

The tonearm is the Aquilar 10" by Acoustical Systems and is a thing of beauty.
Superbly made and winner of a load of awards. The headshell allows for VTA adjustment (almost) on the fly, a must for all forum photographers!

Altogether it sounds absolutely superb.
My final system is almost complete, I had my last TT 15 years and this one isn’t going anywhere
I had listened to it many times in Dave’s system and every time I use it I think of an old friend.

56 Likes

Much win, congrats.

2 Likes

Nice, especially with the Dave connection.

4 Likes

Did you go for Dave’s IO Gold and Slagle SUT Kev? Or did someone else get those?
Looks fantastic. When you say “almost complete”, what remains to be added?

No I already had an Io Gold and an S6 step up
Thinking about a change in the digital side of things but all on hold for while, hifi funds severely depleted!

I should do a write up in the SOMS thread some time.

8 Likes

I can confirm it sounds absolutely superb. I am quite jealous and basically need to own that system.

It’s everything a hifi should be.

6 Likes

Warming-up in the pre-amp. Good so far, strong, balanced sound.

4 Likes

Looks great Kevin, scrubbed up nicely - bet it sounds mighty fine too, enjoy!

1 Like

5 Likes

Making sure it’s properly grounded via a laminar homogenised carbohydrate foam interface*

*aka a cardboard shim

6 Likes

When I was evildealering, I talked to one of the chaps responsible for these TTs about possibly representing their products. Catching a whiff of The Stench of Failure he wisely demurred, but certainly came over well - seemed to know his stuff and have a real passion for it. Certainly the kind of minimalist-maximalist design that appeals strongly.

2 Likes

It has tank like qualities that reassure. If you hurled it at a burglar they would surely be frit. Although letting them try and steal it might be the easier option on the back.

2 Likes

Seems nasty to do that just for playing a trumpet.

5 Likes

Haha that’s what you get for typing without reading glasses.

1 Like

Review. Buzzing my moobs off

Special thanks to @stu for another Olympic road trip collection.

40 Likes