Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Without a doubt but it’s also outstanding at atmospherics without the need for a surround sound system clogging up the man cave - need the room for albums and CD’s dontcha know. :grinning:

1 Like

This sounds good… I’m getting a new TV for my Xbox as it happens and was thinking I’d have to fork out for a Sonos soundbar or other similar, but maybe this will make for a good cheaper alternative. Thanks.

It’s certainly not as discrete as a soundbar :grinning:

I just plugged mine into the tv using a 3.5mm cable via the headphone socket in the tv so worth checking how you’d want to connect it up - the bluetooth connection is excellent.

Have a listen to one in Currys before you decide I’d hate for you to fork out not like it. :grimacing:

1 Like

If the tv is solely for the Xbox I wouldn’t bother, you are miles better off plugging headphones into the controller, particularly if location cues are important in the games you play.

Yeah, I will do. I’ve heard a few good things about them so am curious to hear what they’re like.

I didn’t know you could plug headphones into the controller, that’s really useful thanks!

That said, it won’t be used just for the Xbox and we’ll be playing as a family sometimes in any case, so still want speakers

1 Like

Have you used it as a soundbar for the telly, if so, any good?

That’s mainly what I’m using it for in the man cave, which is not a big room, however it’s been excellent so far. It’s certainly not as discrete as a soundbar if looks might be an issue.

Will have a look and see what outputs I have on TV for audio.

For wired connection it has a 3.5mm headphone type socket along with a USB one and bluetooth of course.

1 Like

Had a decent listen to music on the Xtreme thingy today and it really is a great thing - it would be interesting to hear what a linked pair sound like as I reckon it would be much better than a lot of actual speakers.

2 Likes

I’ll swap you one for your singing fridges then Al.

I might take you up on that Rob if I don’t sort out a less powerful amp for them.

Interestingly it has better reviews than the Charger 5, and also not much between it and the Xtreme 3. looks like the model to get.

It is an excellent thing but do try and have a listen to it to get an idea of it’s sound.

One other good thing is; it comes with a carry strap so you can channel your inner B-Boy and walk about annoying the fuck out of people with your music blaring and if anyone takes issue with it you can bludgeon them with it as it’s a nice solid bit of kit. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

These came in today (Blind punt) Altec 9846-8A’s. Pulled out of an old Theater in Devon. Our more cunty brethren (I love you the best) will appreciate the tingling rapture of opening them up to find some shitty 15" replacement drivers and dead HF drivers. Bingo!

19 Likes

Oh that’s sad :disappointed:

1 Like

Cheap punt I hope.

Paint em pink, get them on the back of a lorry just in time for next summer’s rave circuit👍

2 Likes

Been there!!

1 Like

Afraid I can’t make Thursday after looking at them :eyes:

3 Likes

This is their new home, probably for several years. See you Thursday, I will be wearing a pink carnation and a smile.

1 Like