Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Not my system but ‘road testing’ the plinth we’ve been working on at someone else’s

14 Likes

Nice bit of Mose. How did you like the rest of the system?

Almost impossible to get any kind of levels with an IPhone in this space, the film really doesn’t catch the essence very well - I’m not used to being able to physically feel mid range, the x4 18" WE produced a very different kind of bass too. This room can certainly pressurize (These things were for 3000 seat auditoriums). Not sure what was being done with the xovers? originals are second order. The WE amp racks were also a little beyond me but trois sexy. This is not ‘Hifi’ it’s a different bag entirely. I was as you may imagine like a kid in a toy shop

13 Likes

Picked up cheap locally on Gumtree. I can now listen to my 20 remaining cassettes again. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

A tiny bit of my shiny in with a gigaton of Miks

https://youtu.be/DJe3a3cG6Z0

5 Likes

Sounds great through the LG TV. Again a good choice of music to demo. I have the 33rpm repress from a few years ago which sounds great and has the nice textured sleeve.

1 Like

Very nice, I’m a little surprised you weren’t playing Harry Belafonte though :wink:

4 Likes

Without doubt the best demo record ever

5 Likes

Personally, Id be gutted if I went to Mik’s and didn’t get a bit of John Henry. :grin:

2 Likes

31 Likes

Excellent.

Early thoughts?

Very good.
Bit of faffing to do with the gain but they integrate very well
Got them coming in at 80Hz

6 Likes

BK?

Yes.
No electronic integration though, in parallel with the main speakers and fiddling with the settings

4 Likes

Which ones did you go for? They look like the forward firing version of the pair Ive got.
Xls200 from memory.

Correct, although they upgraded the XLS200 to the XLS300
Same driver but have added some fuctionality, mainly for use with AV processors, and have upgraded the amp slightly.
They were a good firm to deal with, answered a lot of questions and communicated well.

5 Likes

ooo what have we here :thinking:

6 Likes

It’s a cardboard box. HTH.

3 Likes

RCM ?

Luxman valve amp?

2 Likes