Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

It’s unlikely I’ll keep them, they were only 5 miles from me and I was curious to try them out. I’m tempted to buy a Sony VFET for them but they’ll only end up sat in the spare room doing nothing.

2 Likes

They might be over stuffed…

the guy took about 100 grams of stuffing out per speaker as he said they were overstuffed :slight_smile:

It’s currently in a bin liner in the boot of the car.

1 Like

Makes a BIG difference. I’m sure the Frugels I owned previously were under stuffed

1 Like

If those drivers are the Alpair 10 Gold they are only 88 dB per wotsit.

1 Like

Did the police accept his explanation for that 100g hidden in the speakers?

2 Likes

Trying some new (to me) Heco bookshelfs. Aurora 300. Interesting styling which I’ve now adjusted to. Not on proper stands but working fine.

Usual formula otherwise. Paper cones, soft dome tweeter and decent sensitivity.

10 Likes

Trying them with the old Unitiqute, still only 25 watts but it’s better than the 8 watts of the BP

4 Likes

That was a bad idea, my ears are bleeding now.

6 Likes

Skip fodder.

I don’t want your feckin’ skip fodder :uhuh

Thanks, hope I don’t get too much of a noise problem. I did check back on that thread.
I’ve ordered one of these transformers

and I’ve got an old 12V screened transformer around somewhere.
I’ll pop a choke in too, the case is pretty large.
The board came pre-built (by the private seller) and I think it has the normal component values - if you have @coco’s suggestions then I’d be interested to see how different they are…
I have the rotary switch and umbilical for relay switching, so it’s just the valves to order (edit - now done), then a few weeks wait until I can link things up on a board and test it.

Set my new system up.

The only things that actually belong to be are the laptop and USB cables. :rofl:

25 Likes

I’m delighted you kept my dust on the stands too. Very respectful :ok_hand:t3:.

9 Likes

Cables thick enough to charge a Tesla :rofl:

You really have spent my money wisely😍

1 Like

They’re my heavy duty Russian speaker cables. They double as a home defense weapon.

3 Likes

Original analogue dust sounds better, none of this newfangled digital dust.

1 Like

Indeed, they’re nearly as heavy as the speakers. :rofl:

2 Likes

Chord :grin: