Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I’m free at the weekend :smiley:

8 Likes

Looks good. :+1:

Now trying the Graaf into Quad 909.

3 Likes

They are thick foo wires…ooooh.

Furutech bulk cable I bought yonks ago with some RCA connectors slapped on.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Computer games and that

Got myself some nice Track Audio isolation platforms off PFM. Have been meaning to try something like this with my suspended floor.

4 Likes

Look good. Do they work?

Townshend springy things are the best Nick.

Beetle valve springs are about the right springiness for most speakers, and cost a few quid

2 Likes

Of course. Foo always works :grinning:
Tbh I’ve had the speakers on 2 sets of tiles with sorbathane feet under each tile for a while which probably insulates more but makes the speakers a bit bouncy.

@Ciderpig I’ve been looking for some Townshend Jack but most that come up are either too big, too expensive or are for heavier speakers.

I’ve been using the SDS plates under the new Treeongles. Seems to make a difference and doesn’t add extra height which pleased SWMBO

3 Likes

https://iapunitedkingdom.com/catalog/product/view/id/127566

That’s my impression too. Les at SDS made a set of custom stands for my Berkeleys. They cleaned up the bass to a significant degree, I presume by stopping it travelling down to the suspended floor.

British Loudspeakers BLQ 2.3, as I have the BLQ1 I thought I would try the bigger version.

1 Like

Bob. Did you ever hear/try the Yorkshire HiFi 1/3?

1 Like

Nope, forgot about them, also wanted a pair of them as they are so me.

They look purposeful.

I had a set when I was a student back in the early 80’s. They were a very nice but fairly compact monitor. That’s only a 6.5" unit. I don’t think the company lasted that long. They were almost offering too much for the money they were charging. The port tube was brass if memory serves & they had a very tidy sounding Audax 1" tweeter. Eventually replaced them with some Gale 401’s & then Snell J’s.

Brass port tube? Interesting!