Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Long awaited new DDDAC.

And yes it is bigger than the amplifier :grinning:

(Even after negating for ‘this cows further away effect)

14 Likes

looks great , who makes them ?

2 of a kind. Our old pal Simon J :slightly_smiling_face:

Love the fact in the 12 months it’s taken to build and pick it up, that I’ve bought the Perreaux which also has a big dial in the middle too, all by happy accident.

1 Like

They’re knobs not dials :grinning:

Fair enough, 2 big knobs then.

Sorry I’m bored :+1:

1 Like

Stick some tunes on :+1:

1 Like

Or do some painting with the Mrs :+1:

4 Likes

She might not fit in the tin :confused:

4 Likes

Ouch. I’m still in the dog house for being such a fussy twat, apparently :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Brown ceilings will definitely catch on.

fantastic , look forward to hearing how it sounds

just a thought , if its a nos dac , will it play sacd ?

It’s pretty good. An improvement over the last single board jobbie, which it should be. Tent regs on the boards, choke power supply, custom power supply to the usb board.

Playing SACD rip of MJ’s Thriller at silly volume and it sounds fab.

1 Like

Is it not actually outputting sound then?

4 Likes

Silly rabbit :rabbit2:

Be a nice file to put onto tape.:wink:

(especially since the pre recorded version seems to fetch >£200)

2 Likes

been using the schiit freya pre in tube mode with the firebottle monos and its been quite an interesting ride , very muscular sound with wide soundstage . about to put the schiit saga back in to compare . that has a lovely sense of presence

so tonight put the schiit freya with the msb with the tannoy eatons which have been sounding extremely good , in fact a pair of verity speakers came up and even if i could have afforded them the eatons are big sounding with lovely timbre without overpowering the lounge physically

you can immediately hear more space and air with the freya , FM sounds more transparent than the bel canto [ which i like as its so practical and has 200 vol stops for precise control .]

P1060387 by , on Flickr

4 Likes

why are your valves wearing condoms?

and would they benefit my NAF 300B?

To stop valve ‘ringing’ and quite possibly.

Only £1 each so cheap to try and apparently have other uses if no good on the valves.

2 Likes