Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Fantastic job. I wish I had practical skills.

This ^^^^^

Is that a large vodka and orange in picture 1?:sunglasses:

Absolutely. I wasn’t going to attack a project like this without a fortifying beverage!

2 Likes

Is that a new plinth Adam, or did you repair the damage?

You mean a screwdriver?

2 Likes

It was repaired, but not by me. My brother-in-law took it to a bespoke woodworking company he knows and they sanded 18mm off the top to get to the bottom of the damage, stuck an 18mm thick piece of oak on top to replace this, repaired the edges, re-veneered it and sprayed it black.

The finish is truly exceptional and the grain is lovely - much nicer than the original!

5 Likes

I even had to stop halfway through re-assembling it for another alcoholic ‘lift’…

2 Likes

Yep, deffo. The original veneer was probably only half a millimetre thick! :+1:

Hana SL now purchased. A lovely cart and seemingly a great match for the Allnic/Bergmann.

16 Likes

a confession, I have just joined the dark side, messages of comfort appreciated!
I immediately bought a double LP to ease my pain

5 Likes

What is that then Paul? Mytek Brooklyn, Innous thingy and a LPS?

yep the Brooklyn + DAC (newer model), a Innous ZEN mini mk2 and a Fidilizer Niola LPS
as well a 12 month ROON licence

listened to a VERY expensive Optologic DAC, hated it as very ‘digital’, loved the Mytek Liberty (what I went to listen to) then like an idiot I asked them to get out the Brooklyn, and the rest is history . . …

and oh the LPS wasn’t planned but an ex-demo too good to miss, it’s all very quiet
only criticism so far is that the headphone output is a bit clinical, but there again I would always use my Schiit head amp anyway

So what’s your actual (digital) source?

Tidal?

Do you have to rip several thousand CDs now? :smile:

Speakers up and running, really loving them after a CD disaster where one of my CD transports failed and is off to the repairman.

13 Likes

What are they Bob?

Ensemble Primadonna.

I need to tidy that rack, that’s what happens when you swap shit about. Put the Sony TT on top and move the Primare amps to the second level, fuck the pre and the other TT + power amp off to the store.

This is a very bad word to use in the context of domestic hi fi :smile:

2 Likes

ZEN mini and TIDAL for sources, and yes ripping CDs once the rebuild & decorating of the kitchen / dining room / listening room is finished - will keep me quiet over the winter I guess

2 Likes