Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

OK I’ve got a filthy mind but my first thought of “velvet vortex” is some weird fleshlight sex toy.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know later once I’ve necked a few Oktoberfest beers :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your help so far. Appreciate it.

17 Likes

I recognise those speakers !

1 Like

I like the red 13amp plugs :+1:

It was a pity I didn’t get the chance to set them up properly, I have changed how I do the crossovers since I last configured those drivers.

At the weekend since it takes for ever I just loaded up the settings I last used in the old enclosures which were a long way from optimised.

New crossovers done in the software and they sound pretty damn good, asking a little much of the mid and sub so it’s not perfect but shows promise.

I either need to bring the 18” woofers in, or work on a 12-15” version that goes low enough for the sub (and future lab subs)

1 Like

Next year at Hornby Laithe…

I’m hoping someone else will bring something people actually want to listen too :grin:

These weren’t a permanent build, just an experiment more than anything.

1 Like

Tenuto mat from @murrayjohnson

16 Likes

Ohhhhh.
That will be me next. Nice.

It’s bloody heavy and as well as looking very cool it does make a noticeable improvement to the sound.

Are you using a clamp? It doesn’t necessarily need it but I generally use the Michell one.

1 Like

Haven’t got a clamp but I do use a 550gm weight.

1 Like

I do the same. I need a weight as;
a) it looks cool.
b) if you use a carbon brush to clean the record when it’s spinning, it doesn’t work without being weighed down.
c) it flattens some LPs

1 Like

Hat faff is best faff.

2 Likes

A turntable without a hat is only half dressed

2 Likes

Not quite ‘in the system’ yet, but it’s back and it’s staying this time :grin:

22 Likes

Put the old B&W DM4’s back in the system, they are lovely things.

3 Likes

1st seen in Settle, it’s been back to its maker for check-over and new rectifier valves and currently behaving itself sounding very nice.

12 Likes