Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Note the front panel not having cheap bolts. Yes the metre has them, that is the nautical / pilot nature of the design I guess. I am not surprised that they don’t sell many £80K pre amps, as people who spend that sort of cash like individual and flawless quality.

Someone one was ripping off his name a couple of years back, don’t know how it was resolved

He’s leggit, I’ve not had any dealings but someone I know has

Heard good things about the record weight, rarer and harder to get hold of than a Patek. A few years back there was quiet some demand in HK despite the price and very little supply

“people who spend that sort of cash like individual and flawless quality.”

I can’t comment on the sound of the amps but the hats and mat I have are incredibly well made, superior to anything similar I have physically seen to be honest.

It’s a record weight FFS. I don’t give a stuff how shiny it is, or how much unicornium it’s made of; it’s a feckin’ record weight, and the price of that one is bloody ridiculous.

5 Likes

Expensive fad thing, anything more than £100 for a record weight is madness. I have a few, but none above 80.

why should they cost any more than £20-£25?

OK you make them for that and make a profit

Each to their own, little in this part of the industry makes a lot of sense! Not for me but doesn’t change the fact that the weight did cause a stir in HK some time back. The one pictured looks somewhat different.

Was lent some of his very expensive footers. Changed the character of my system in a subtle way but not really for the better. Some liked them a lot. Horses for courses

Who needs a watch, any car other than a Trabant, any form of jewellery, anything that’s not adequate?
I get flaccid and suspicious in the face of puritanical posturing. Yes it costs more than my first car. Yes this is obscene in the same way handbags or oil paintings or bits of carbon can be but if you can afford it and appreciate an exquisitely made chapeau why not? I’m not particularly concerned if it makes a difference to sound. From an aesthetic point of view I can appreciate them as a beautiful and well made thing.

6 Likes

It’s worth more than my car,my partners car,my daughters car and my hi fi all put together.
I could not afford one in the near future…I’m still glad people make stuff like this though :+1:

2 Likes

Entirely this :+1:

1 Like

I remember him saying he wanted a dial that looked like an high end watch.

4 Likes

I think you’ll find an Aston Martin Vantage will get you from A to B much quicker than a Trabant, and it will do it in a quieter, more comfortable manner and with a better noise.

That record weight, however, will not hold down a piece of 12” vinyl any better then a £100 record weight.

Now, if anyone wants buy one, I have absolutely no problem with this. It’s when the comments about how much better it sounds than a cheaper one start floating around that I get grumpy.

But hell, it’s Christmas Day and I’m bored, grumpy and sober, so just ignore me.

2 Likes

So Christmas Day is the prerequisite now :flushed:

I think that there is a value to the “loveliness factor”, of something being gorgeous to behold, fondle, whatever. It’s when people justify their purchase with spurious sonic nonsense instead that I get annoyed. It’s the same with feet, spikes and “isolation” kit - get it because it looks cool, that’s fine, and when you’ve spent hours getting it just so you can enjoy the music more.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but it will do it in luxuriant style

3 Likes

Finally got that fucking fucking head shell, doesn’t make a blind bit to of differrence,you waffling cunts are talkings shite…

8 Likes

And you’ve only just realised this?

Hope is distant

3 Likes