Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

Yes,slightly to heavy for the cart unfortunately
Was going to take it into work and take a bit off on the lathe,or get a heavier headshell.

Was surprised to see a threaded insert on the back of the stub on the R200 though

1 Like

Or tape a very small, perfectly machined piece of coal to the headshell…

2 Likes

According to my personal tax account from HMRC, the DWP pay medical insurance for me. And I’m being taxed for the pleasure.

Guessing you don’t even work for the DWP?

I get ESA from them, which is basically sick benefit. Hardly medical insurance, which it what it says!

The ESA should be taxed, as they only deduct 20%, so they need to deduct the higher rate tax, but they are currently a long way from getting it right.

Urban foxes like samosas.

Edit: and bhajis

1 Like

Mr Flake is aptly named.

Our urban fox likes digging up everyone’s front lawn the fucker.

Meh, so what. They’re just after worms. It’s not like they’re riding around on horseback with packs of slavering hounds or anything.

4 Likes

Actually they are after “Leather jackets”, crane fly larvae. We had a problem with the digging this year, watered on some nemetodes, problem solved.

1 Like

That @AmDismal has been leading a secret double life as Mr Perv the schoolteacher.

They say everyone has a doppelganger.

13 Likes

Mr. Allweeksexy?

3 Likes

Our golf course got eaten to death by leatherjackets this year. The last week the course has been covered in crane flies laying more bastard eggs, the course looked ‘alive’ last week.
They used to be kept in check by insecticides but they got banned by the EU in 2016.
Golf courses are allowed to treat the greens but not fairways.
The Jockey Club got a lot more active that the R&A and negotiated an exemption for race courses.

When you use a PC digital crossover, make sure that the main (L-R) output goes to your bass drivers.

I did this purely accidentally when I set up the L300 crossover. When anything goes wrong with the ASIO bridge, it sends the signal full volume to the default ASIO device, which in my case is the main output. Happily this does no damage as it’s the bass driver, but it does shock me sufficiently so that I jump straight out of my seat and turn off the amplifier. Every time…

2 Likes

Cruise control is a lovely thing.

5 Likes

Radar guided cruise control is shit !

1 Like

Yep, radar guided cruise missiles would be far better, then you could blow the cunts out of your way :grin:

4 Likes

Exakerly! This safety bollocks where it senses a car ahead and slows you down is unacceptable. It doesn’t even have an “Audi” setting where you can follow the car in front close enough to intimidate :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The World’s gone mad :angry:

3 Likes

I don’t think mine is that advanced…fortunately!

I had a hire car in Germany a few months back and was merrily proceeding along the autobahn back to Frankfurt airport, on cruise control.

Then a chap cut across in front of me from the middle lane to come off at an exit - i saw him coming in the mirror, he indicated his intention, there was plenty of room between me and the car in front, so there were no issues with this manoeuvre. None at all.

Except the car didn’t see it this way and so slammed on the brakes. And, yes, I do mean properly slammed on. I nearly headbutted the steering wheel and shat myself at the same time. The only saving grace was that there wasn’t anyone behind me at the time. You know, say, like one of the many lorries i had been passing by for the last hour. I found the “intelligent” option bit in the car’s menu and switched it off pronto.

1 Like