Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

Clare Torry was picked to sing on Dark side of the moon after being heard on one of the wank top of the pops cover albums

2 Likes

She also sang the opening song theme for “Butterflies”

Oh, also sued PF for copyright…and won :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should have been a meat man pt 3 - Douglas Bader
He was giving a talk at an private girl’s school about his time as a pilot in the Second World War. “So there were two of the f**ers behind me, three f***ers to my right, another f***er on the left,” he told the audience. The headmistress went pale and interjected: “Ladies, the Fokker was a German aircraft.” Sir Douglas replied: “That may be, madam, but these f**ers were in Messerschmitts.”

14 Likes

Should have been a meat man pt 4 - Bob Blackman

A one man cure for Mondays. (Most potent if you sing along … Mule Trainnnnnnnnn)

1 Like

Everywhere else in the world they are Snickers but in Bali you get:

And now a word from our spokesmeme:

Tasty pair!!

5 Likes

If a lighter is dropped in the khasi it stops working.

Weirdly, the same is true of phones, but just you try lighting your smoke with a Samsung.

1 Like
1 Like

I dropped an early mobile in a wash hand basin once. It was dead for a week but then came back to life.

VB

Following the first of a series of “Knowledge Transfers” for my role to an offshore IT outsourcing company, I have learned that the upper echelons of management who agreed the deal have no idea what is involved on the ground. I actually feel a bit sorry for the outsource team as they are about to get hit in the face by a fast approaching and vertiginous learning curve.

I just need to make sure I am out of the picture…

2 Likes

Until it all catches fire and they want you back as a consultant.

It was alive in the first place :astonished:

I had a Blackberry about ten years back that dropped out of my pocket during a thunderstorm. We were on holiday in Italy and had just arrived back at the accommodation in the hire car; I was rushing to get inside out of the torrential rain and didn’t notice the phone had dropped out of my pocket.

When I went to look for it an hour or so later, I found it submerged in a puddle of dirty brown rainwater. After a couple of days drying out, it worked perfectly :+1:

Great backstory.

1 Like

A dirty brown puddle is obviously a safer environment for a phone than one of Jim’s pockets.

2 Likes

Tow hours of sitting on the utility room counter and it’s working.

Photographic proof.

1 Like
2 Likes

Great article - it explains a lot!! :grin:

I loved this line:

“They found the high fibre diet led to longer initial retention of gas, but the volume stayed the same, meaning fewer but bigger farts.”

…means I can loose weight and still do bigger ones…yay! :laughing:

1 Like

Nice amps. Threshold?

1 Like

Meanwhile the Met Office has issued a catastrophic shart warning for the Ilford area…

:mask:

2 Likes