Shit you just learned (probably from the internet.)

If you retire to France, they split your tax liabilities between the two of you when taxing pensions (assuming you are partnered up). Very handy indeed if only one of you has a pension of say £24k/yr.

Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday 13th.

What’s the fear of not being able to pronounce words called? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

apparently Consecotaleophobia is the fear of chop sticks

and apparently Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, also known as Sesquipedalophobia, is the irrational and extreme fear of long words (how unfortunate that this second name is immensely long — sufferers of this condition might also fear the name of their diagnosis!) It is related to Logophobia and Verbophobia (fear of words), and Onomatophobia.

more here

https://massivephobia.com/hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia-fear-of-long-words/

A few people on here have paronomasiaphobia.

1 Like

Isn’t that the fear of yoga?

4 Likes

You are thinking of Omaphobia - fear of Buddhists

2 Likes

How screened lead/co-ax is made. This short video shows cotton braid being woven around a central cable, but the same thing can be done using copper strands on reels to give you screened lead

VB

3 Likes

Neat.
As a walker you might like this, too:

and if you’re ever on NZ’s South Island, be sure to call in to:

It’s actually quite interesting!

& how my bike was made:

1 Like

The Finnish word for United Kingdom is Yhdistynyt kuningaskunta

3 Likes

Words

2 Likes

My dog Curtis hates opera, just growls and barks at it. Back to the drum and bass then.

3 Likes

Are

2 Likes

And here we go with the week’s first pun opportunity. C’mon, let’s be 'avin you … maybe he’s disappointed that Bach didn’t write any opera ?

VB

One of them did, at least…

1 Like

I just discovered that my library has an online system whereby I can access audio books and ebooks. The former are delivered as MP3 files, and the latter as Adobe Digital Edition books that are fairly easy to strip of DRM and convert to mobi files that I can send to my kindle. Sweet.

The R200 arm is threaded at the back to take an extra weight

1 Like

Apparently it’s all about profit! :roll_eyes:

Did you try the one I sent you? (By one i mean the weight)