Sim only deals

I’m looking for decent sim only deal that includes roaming. I signed up with Lyca a couple of weeks ago but they are fucking useless, luckily it’s a monthly contract, which is what I’m looking for again

Smarty

2 Likes

From a few months ago:

I use Plusnet (EE) on contract, with Asda (Vodafone) PAYG as second SIM.

1 Like

Smarty is quite good in the EU. Otherwise consider a local Sim. All south east Asian countries have booths selling them at the airports and I guess most of the rest of the world does too. I take an old phone to put the local Sim in keeping my main phone in flight mode whilst away.

3 Likes

I dumped Sky because of EU roaming costs
Now have a SIM only deal with Virgin, no contract, on a month to month basis 15GB for £8.00 a month no roaming cjharges

1 Like

I’ve been with 3 for years but they insisted on a new contract twice the price and no roaming. I asked for my PAC number, they then offered all sorts of offers to stay , but no roaming, when I told them it was a deal breaker the guy told me they couldn’t because of a change in EU rules :laughing: I told him to fuck off :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I use Plusnet on a one month thing, also arrange the family with idmobile. They’re both fine.

1 Like

I was thinking of buying a new 5g smart phone.
Anyone recommend Google 7 Pro?

The Pixel is excellent but I’ll be sticking an iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 up for sale soon.

2 Likes

Apparently the best android phone you can currently get. No direct experience though. They’re all much of a muchness in reality, especially from the big brands, apart from Sony which are, and you have no idea how much it pains me to diss Sony, shite.

2 Likes

Is it actually worthwhile paying the extra for a 5G phone ATM?

In London, possibly.

1 Like

Yep, when I was down in Portsmouth last week did a test to see what I would get on 5G

1 Like

If you are travelling a WiFi calling enabled phone might be more use so you can phone anywhere on the planet from your hotel room or most bars/pubs/restaurants,etc.
The phone functions either with a local Sim, without a Sim or in flight mode.

5g is wank. Everyone I know who has it complains about it randomly not working, whereas 4g is entirely adequate for 100% of phone internet usage.

1 Like

I have 5g,but just use 4g as it’s more than good enough round here

1 Like

Covid vaccine worked then.

Yeah 5g is shite. Or not. This was in shitty Bedford.

So, I changed from a sim only 12 month with 3 (no roaming) to a sim only rolling contract with SMARTY including roaming for half the price. I have since discovered that Smarty is owned by 3. I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on how this makes any sense as a businness model :thinking:

1 Like

Same as Plusnet is owned by BT, Talk mobile by Vodafone, Giffgaff by O2, etc.