Slaughterhouse

I just had a long dog walk chat with one of the parents at school. We’ve been friends with her for years. Husband has recently had a brain tumour that was operated on but they’re not sure how effective the surgery was. There was a real undercurrent of sorrow in her, I fear the prognosis isn’t good.

And then there’s another local friend, who we’ve known for as long as we’ve been a couple, whose daughter has in the last week been in hospital having several litres of fluid drained from her abdomen. They have found numerous tumours and are trying to work out what chemotherapies to use. She’s 14.

Fuck cancer. And god too, even if he exists he’s a massive cunt.

15 Likes

Heard your news on the hifi grapevine Dave.
Hoping the treatment works for you.
Sincerely very best wishes.

1 Like

So sorry to hear your news Dave. I hope the new chemo has more positive results :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

All the best Dave thinking of you and hope the treatment helps things.

1 Like

Ally the best Dave, good luck with the new treatment.

2 Likes

Best wishes to you Dave. Very sad to hear the news. My wife asked what it was that had affected me. Think positively of you every time I look up and see the amps :+1:

8 Likes

I’m the same when I watch my TV with its soundbar!

3 Likes

Well after the failure of the first course of chemo to do bugger all the new chemo I’m allergic to so they have stopped that. New plan after I have seen the consultant.
On top of this I have Orthostatic Hypertension so standing up the other day to quickly and rushed to get my Amazon parcels and I started to feel really funny and my head went wonky and my legs completely disappeared from underneath me. When I hit the ground I was slightly stunned and a bit shaky but I crawled to the phone and called for the ambulance. Long story short 4 bags of water and heart check Ros took me home. Now remedied by slow rising with exercise and plenty of water. Still Chelsea won this evening. Cheers.

23 Likes

Best wishes Dave, hopefully the consultant will come up with a suitable alternative for you.

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Take it easy Dave.
Hopefully they will find a new regime that works for you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the tumble Dave. I guess all those years of panto slapstick training kicked in when you most needed them :grin:. Take things gently mate ! All the best for the consultant session.

2 Likes

I’d suggest getting an Apple Watch as they have fall detection which can automatically call or text an emergency contact (or call 999)

4 Likes

Sorry to read of your tribulations Dave. I hope the allergic reaction to the chemotherapy wasn’t too difficult to deal with and that the alternative treatment proves less troublesome.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this Dave - one thing I’ve learned from hanging about with Oncologists is that there’s no shortage of different compounds etc when it comes to anti cancer drugs so I’d expect that your consultant has some better options for you.

2 Likes

It was the second time Olan so although I had taken preventative medication this time it still kicked in at 10 mg. Alarms were raised and screens and loads of people came running. Fluids were injected and like last time it calmed down quite quickly. But my antibodies weren’t having it. Observation one hour then home.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

I’ve had trouble with the Sunitinib that I take which landed me in hospital for 10 days on Morphine while the World Cup was on. I’m lucky in that the dosage was varied and there have been no repeat incidents. It is very bloody scary when these clashes occur though so I hope that they sort it out for you as quickly and easily as possible.

2 Likes

One of the chemo drugs my dad took was responsible for a significant downturn for him. Unfortunately, you don’t know until you try it.

Please continue with the not dying, @chelseadave :+1:

2 Likes

Good that you’re focusing on the important things. Hang in there.

1 Like

Sorry to hear all this Dave.

I’m sure they’ll find a regime that suits and things will improve.

1 Like