Slaughterhouse

I’m using the NHS ones

I wasn’t aware that the NHS is a manufacturer :thinking:

The one’s that are issued to NHS staff. They are apparently different to the one’s available over the counter.

1 Like

I had some older ones which showed up strong,whereas the tescos ones would have been easy to read as negative if I didn’t know I had it.

Not knowingly. So far it just feels like a bad cold or mild flu. Hopefully it will stay that way.

1 Like

It’s not exactly scientific,but I’ve heard of quite a few people catching it for the fist time in the last two months

These are the ones I’m using.

I’ve heard the same. Not sure whether it’s just our guard being down, or a milder but more infectious strain.

We had it for the first time a few weeks ago. It does seem to give you protection against infection at least in the short term.
I went to a gig two weeks ago with my two brothers, a few days later they both tested positive, whereas I escaped it. One of them had it before but many moons ago.

Same ones we [steal] use at work.

My workmates wife is a nurse in the local hospital. Derriford. Cases have shot up. He’s only just come back to work after testing positive too. He’s still feeling pretty rubbish. Tired and run down.

I tested on Monday and the test showed a very faint positive, today a very positive positive.

I have been in the ONS Covid survey since it started. This month I got an email saying the survey was being stopped and the Covid phone app will be discontinued in April. It’s no longer on the front pages so the Poli’s will not be interested until/unless it becomes front page news again.

Omicron is supposed to be this. It got me in Jan. That said, it can’t be hugely infectious. I had the onset of symptoms Saturday afternoon, then proper symptoms through Sunday but didn’t take to sleeping in a separate bed until after my first test, which was on the Monday. And Mrs VB and I were in the same house for most of the following week. Yet she never caught it.

The cough, and sensation of phlegm in my lungs (but not fatigue or shortness of breath), has really only gone away over the last week or two i.e. 9-10 weeks after the first symptoms began.

2 Likes

Have to say I’ve felt pretty wiped out this week,showed up as negative at the weekend.
Thought I was going to pass out on the dog walk the other day,went really light headed and had to crouch down to break the fall if I went.
Only do a quarter of a mile dog walk each morning,but have been breathless a couple of times by the end.

With all that said,think I got off very lightly compared to those who caught it the first year or so,and hopefully these symptoms will get less each week.

13 Likes

Feeling pretty weak. Cannot swallow food and cannot have stent inserted into my throat as the cancer has spread the full length. May have to insert food through my stomach. There is no chemotherapy that can work.
Having my heart (pacemaker) checked tomorrow at Kingston.

19 Likes

Bugger, that sounds unpleasant. Thoughts are with you Dave.

1 Like

Also thinking of you Dave as are all of us.

1 Like

Thinking of you here too Dave.

1 Like

Thoughts with you Dave

1 Like