Slaughterhouse

Fake baby news…:smiley:

1 Like

The fucking man flu I have can piss off, coughing and feeling fucked all day for the last week since I got back from Finland. Bloody aircraft and sniffling kids.

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

MAN THE FUCK UP BOB, FOR FUCK’S SAKE!

Otherwise, get well soon :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

Cunting manflu, not good when you’re immune suppressed. Combine that with a disease flare-up and I’m shivering while my skin is on fire. Nice.

1 Like

Sympathies Adam.

Is hard liquor, say warmed with lemon, an option ?

VB

Nice idea, but constantly feeling on the edge of puking probably rules it out

I can relate to a bit of your pain - I’ve just had the most miserable 24 hrs with what sounds like the same thing. The nausea has subsided but I feel like a burst couch now.

1 Like

Ohh a thread for parading your ailments and woes i’m in…

So a few years back my heart started beating fast… we are talking 180+bpm fast here accompanied by sweating and shaking… my then doctor took a look and basically told me to fuck off and lose some weight as it was undoubtedly being caused by me being a fat cunt.

A year or two later I’ve moved house and have signed up to a new doctor, I go in for their welcome health check and it starts up again in the waiting room - the practice nurse takes one look at my blood pressure and heart rate and straps me into some octopus type heart monitor, her face goes white and she tells me I need to get to A&E NOW. I get to A&E, they give me drugs and it goes away, they tell me that my heart issues aren’t caused by being a bloater but due to an electrical issue which is causing Atrial Flutter - one half of the heart is beating 3-8 times as quickly as the other. This can cause standing blood in the heart and if i’ve had this happening for years she’s surprised i’m still alive as it’s a prime cause of stroke, and other clotting issues.

I form the opinion that my previous doctor was a genocidal cunt-pancake of epic proportions.

I then spend the next year or so on blood thinners and arrhythmia meds which are reasonably effective and I only need 1 or 2 more trips to A&E for chemical cardioversion (where they pump you full of some nasty shit that chills your heart the fuck out) - never had electro cardioversion (where they do the whole wheeeet - CLEAR- BZZZZZT dealio) but it was close a time or two.

A few months back i got put on the list for a catheter ablation, where they stick a couple of wires into your groin, go through the vein, into your heart and burn the bit of your heart that’s causing the short circuit away. 99% success rate 1% chance of a pacemaker or your heart exploding like something from an 80’s video nasty.

They say it will be painless and you’ll be awake but sedated. They lie. felt like someone was separating my shoulder with a crowbar for some reason but apparently it was successful but they can’t say for sure for another few months. The first week after surgery I felt like hammered crap, palpitations, diziness, weakness, etc. after that things have steadily improved and I’m now back at the gym and regaining some health.

Over all this time the NHS has been great - except for that first doctor, he was a fuckwit.

15 Likes

Glad you’re on the mend.

My eldest daughter had arrhythmia, racing heart beat up to 200bpm, at age 18 so 18 years ago. Brief, routine procedure in hospital and she’s never had a recurrence.

2 Likes

Nice. You have the same as my mother - atrial fib. She’s had a couple of strokes (minor, not really noticed) and now has a pacemaker fitted, as well as having the ablation.

“Sudden death syndrome” does have a ring to it, eh? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a bit of a troubling trend with GPs, both in terms of being an inadequate diagnosis of a whole range of issues, and also no attempt to address or even consider any of the possible reasons why you are a fat fuck.

3 Likes

Yep, my Mum too, and she had the ablation. She’s been fine since. A couple of times of stress (travelling, and a major unrelated OP, etc) have brought it back very briefly.

Another friend of mine had it and got fitted with a device that logs what’s going on and alerts the quack if anything nasty happens, and is also designed to give him a jolt if his heart goes into serious arhythmnia. It’s given hima new lease of life.

1 Like

This kind of thing is apparently very common I know at least 2 or 3 people in my circle of friends who have had ablation with good results which was encouraging to hear when facing it.

TMC,
Yes that particular GP was an utter arse, my new GP practice is much better.

Glad you’re well now and an extra like for genocidal cunt-pancake :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well, Santa has brought me his traditional Christmas virus, ensuring that I’ve felt like a large sack of shit for most of my time off work.
Have tried drinking myself better but even this has not worked. :frowning_face:

It’s bad enough being sick when you’re supposed to be at work but being sick over public holidays is cosmically unfair. The universe owes you for this.

VB

1 Like

Right, I’ve had a chest infection for over 6 weeks, got a cold earlier this week, now I woke up this morning with pink eye and presumably due to the disruption to my immune system my disease has flared up.

Bollocks.

Hope things improve, sounds very nasty.

I’ve felt worse. I’m mainly just annoyed and wanted to vent a bit :unamused:

8 Likes

Raging toothache after a root extraction earlier this week - several high strength nurofen controlled it but will try to return to dentist today. Probably an infection.

Can”t think there’s many worse things than being trapped by a grinding toothache in the dark hours of the morning.