Slaughterhouse

You have my sympathies.

1 Like

I got a boo booā€¦

Did the misses bite you for suggesting a brown sofa? :joy:

1 Like

Need less manly kitchen knives

No, a bastard dog behind a letter box.

TBH, I should know better, not putting your fingers all the way through a letter box is drummed into you, but they had a really stiff draught excluder attached to it, and the letter was really flimsy and kept just folding up so I had to really shove it through andā€¦

1 Like

Rookie mistake :joy:

Indeed.

The best bit is I shouldnā€™t have even been delivering there, I should have been on a different duty, but when I got in, that duty had already been taken out by someone on overtime, whoā€™d taken the wrong duty by mistakeā€¦

That is a bit rough (ruff??). I would report the dog as dangerous to the correct authorities and then go on long term sick leave suffering from PTSD (Pinkie Thoroughly Savaged (by) Dog). Obviously, a brown sofa and chair combo would be easily within your financial capacity once the compo comes through.

4 Likes

If the dog did that to your finger, what the fuck will it have done to the letter?

1 Like

Letters donā€™t look and taste like sausages. Fingers on the other handā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m usually really switched on about it, I was rushing a bit and got careless. I noticed later there was a beware of the dog sign, so suing them is probably a non starter, and for something like that I wouldnā€™t anyway. If it actually went for me in the open, then Iā€™d go for it.

Iā€™ll ask work to send them a letter telling them what happened, and asking them to fit a cage to the door or an external box.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna hurt in the morning

It fucking well hurts now.

The best bit will be trying to cut away the nail.

2 Likes

Is your tetanus jab up to date?

Yep. From the last time i got bit. That was a little twat of a JRT that went for me from behind and clamped into my calf. The woman who owned it laughed at me when I told her.

She didnā€™t fucking well laugh when I reported it to the police and suspended her mail delivery.

12 Likes

Trudat.

Did you go to Casualty?

Nah, itā€™s not too bad really, just ripped the nail up. Not going to waste the NHSā€™s resources on that. I wrapped it with a tissue and held that in place with a couple of rubber bands until I finished my round and then went across the road to the pharmacy in Asda and got antiseptic wipes and plasters.

Iā€™ll keep a plaster over it till it starts to lift up a bit then trim it back.

I was very lucky though, thereā€™s loads of Posties who lose fingertips or even whole fingers to this kind of thing.

1 Like

Laxative chocolate through that letterbox tomorrow :+1:

8 Likes

Lol!

Sympathies. RM issued Mrs VB with a plastic thing for pushing letters in when there was a dog. She said it was next to useless. Sounds like the dog needs aversion therapy. If youā€™re ever back that way Iā€™d use one of those jokeshop plastic fingers with a few dried chili seeds tacked on with gelatin. Anything hotter/fresher would have a warning smell.

VB

3 Likes