Slaughterhouse

Those postal pegs are utter crap. Also you have to know/remember there’s a dog there.

Superb idea though

1 Like

Graemes idea is good. The fact that he’s even considered the adhesive and dried vs fresh chillies is very impressive.

Unfortunately that would only hurt the dog. It’s the owners that need to suffer.

Strong laxatives wrapped in a slice of ham would ensure they came home to a special treat.

3 Likes

Graeme does anal like no man alive (or so I’ve heard).

1 Like

We do have some senokot…

Shame I haven’t got any Moviprep left, although not sure how I’d get any self respecting dog to drink the filthy stuff.

1 Like

Many years ago our collie, Bracken, used to hear the posties van 1/4 mile away. He lay by the door and went made as the letters were dropped in, but never tried a nip.

While he was still a puppy I waited until the postie (Dave) arrived and took him out to meet him, they got on famously. One day Bracken was out in the front garden when Dave arrived. It was a hot day and he had his window open.

Badger flew down the garden, jumped straight, through the open window of his van and landed on his lap. He shitted himself of course then found the stick Bracken had brought for him to throw.

They became great mates - Badger used to walk with him down the Jitties to the more remote houses round here - sometimes they were out for 1/2 hour.

Since then I have always introduced our new collies to the posties and they have always been great mates.

3 Likes

Sad thing is they might then hurt the dog. It’s a long time since I shared a house with a dog but it was pretty quick on the uptake IIRC. It was prepared to try just about anything but if it didn’t like it then it wouldn’t repeat it.

VB

When we have to go on one of our (too frequent) visits to Aberdeen or Glasgow hospitals, our (female) postie abandons her husband and comes to stay in our home to look after Maddie and Hildur :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

It was a bit tongue in cheek

2 Likes

I see what you did there :grin:.

VB

1 Like

Most dogs are great Mick, I can generally tell which ones want to take my leg off and they’re vanishingly rare, and normally of the JRT variety, I really don’t trust those. Others I’m wary of are GSDs and Mastiff types, but it depends on their training, which is hard to judge…

Staffies, if they haven’t been abused (unfortunately and although it’s a massive cliché, the area is often a good guide to this) are bloody brilliant, and gundogs are usually nutjobs but just stupidly friendly.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth

7 Likes

JRT variety

5 Likes

Gun dog … fun dog.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Oh yes:

9 Likes

5 Likes

I had a nerve conduction test today, which was quite fun. They stimulate the nerves in the arms and legs, and time how long it take to travel down the body. In practice this means you feel a buzz like a 9V battery has been wired into your arm, and then your finger moves involuntarily.

The consultant had a trainee there, so I learned quite a lot more than I have previously. It was all quite stimulating, really. And my nerves are great!

1 Like

I’m in the urgent care walk-in centre with a gruesome infected finger.

Obviously, pics…

2 hour wait…