SME B'stards

The factory is a few minutes from my house, still very much there. Indicative of component costs i would say.

Also, no irony in you complaining about this at all. none. :joy:

1 Like

I think the arm castings might come from the US.

But generally I think they’ve probably been undercharging compared to what their manufacturing cost is & the new owners have now realised it. Questions of actual worth/merit are a separate thing altogether & will very much be down to their customers to decide

3 Likes

Fxt for you.

I would still say that the Raven and Brinkman TTs are quite a bit better than a SME 30. I prefer a 10 to a 30, as the 30 sounds dead and lifeless.

Whereas I prefer a thirty because it is quiet and adds little " character".

You mean it’s dull as ditchwater.

Not at all, never found it to be dull.

Different tastes.

Made up opinion.

Trolling wanker

3 Likes

Always

5 Likes

Analogue Seduction showing new prices for arms

£4K for a V, it’s a good arm, but is it better than a Brinkmann or the better Funk or as good as a Graham Phantom III, I don’t think so and I own one. I also own a IV and to be frank I can’t tell the difference between the IV and V, there may be one but it’s small if you don’t use the damping (not all carts like he damping anyway). The silver of the IV looks better in my view. How come a IV is £2,750 and a V £4K, when 95% of the arm is the same (the V has damping which is basically the difference). £1,250 for damping and a higher digit is a lot.

Maybe some markets will lap this up, but I don’t see the UK doing so.

Clean up in aisle 2

2 Likes

These days you’d have to be a complete fucking idiot to own a business in high end audio.

6 Likes

True dat… lol