Somebody sell me a turntable please

Looks like a nice deck. Well played.

1 Like

Will have to dig my old IIX 900e out for some nostalgia, although I bet the belt is fucked.

1 Like

Cheap to replace. I’d like one of those one day.

Still hoping for some opinions on appropriate cart/stylus for the IIx… :thinking:

Spent the evening listening to it with the AT95e on it, and it’s really by no means poor. I can tell the deck is fundamentally excellent, but I can also sense that it’ll really come to life with something better on it…

I use a hana el on mine. Sounds very good

3 Likes

Oof, I’d hope it would for that money! A bit beyond me at the moment, but definitely something I’ll consider when I’m a bit more wedged-up!

If you want to stick with MM you could try one of the new Audio Technica AT-VM95ML or AT-VM95SH

I don’t have a particular preference for MM over MC, other than the price of admission to MC worth having. Not that I mind paying for quality, but simple economic practicalities at the moment!

I’ll check those out, thanks. I get the impression AT are not a bad choice, as far as MM is concerned.

I’d definitely consider secondhand as well, if it was fairly low-use.

That VM95SH is definitely a contender.

1 Like

That’s what I use.

1 Like

Oh great, and you’re really happy with it? What deck are you using it on?

Somebody near me selling a low-use Goldring 1042 on eBay, which is also tempting.

2 Likes

Nice cartridge, would work well in your arm. It’s a low rider and you have to get everything spot on with it. I used to use it’s poor cousin the 1012GX.

I really like the AT, I’m using it on a Pro-Ject 2experience Acryl SB.

1 Like

Great, thanks! Plenty of food for thought. I’m going to take a punt on something fairly imminently…

I have a shure m97xe with 3 hours on it

1 Like

Ah do you?! Ok very interesting… although 3 hours… didn’t make much of an impression on you then?! :wink:

I wonder how it would compare to either the Goldring or the AT. Just read something that says it punches well above its weight.

It was just a stand in to try on a sme arm

Ah ok. And what did you think of it?

Very good
Not as dynamic as the hana, but sort of to be expected at the price

If you can get the goldring 1042 though,I’d go for that

2 Likes