Stupid insurance quotes

£800 on eSure is the best I could do with a higher excess.

1 Like

Nice one, that’s just about an acceptable increase from last year :+1:

Mine doubled last month but in fairness I probably shouldn’t have reversed into a 4x4 breaking both bumpers. :grimacing:

1 Like

Direct line tried to charge me 330 quid more this year, I gave them a chance and they blew it, renewed with Tesco for less than last year, same cover.
Did the house insurance at the same time, saved a 100 quid!

1 Like

I had a quote from Direct Line last year and it was double what I ended up paying with LV.

1 Like

Have never had a quote from Direct Line that isn’t at least 2x times the next most expensive quote.

Last year direct line quoted around £500 and both LV and Aviva quoted £160

2 Likes

Just thought I’d try again for shits and giggles (not looking forward to Aug when I renew if it’s gone from £160 > £230 already)

Kates came in 60% more than last year.
Need to get on the web today and see what I can find
What are best sites for best prices

I use compare the market but refuse to use go compare because of the annoying opera twat on the adverts.

4 Likes

I use GoCompare.

They give you (up to) £250 excess cover if you use them.

2 Likes

The meerkats are far (far) more cunty than the GoCompare bloke. FAR MORE CUNTY.

3 Likes

Prices are going through the sodding roof this year. Some of the Landy types are 300% more!

Need to phone them up this week.
AA quote at £40 a month,rac at £22 pm.
So need to do the tedious phone call to aa saying I’ve found cheaper,for them to make out they are talking to the manager and they have miraculously got it to £25,knowing full well I’ll accept cause I can’t be arsed to change it

Good old Range Rover, less security than a drunk MI5 officer in a wine bar.

1 Like

Not the Rangies (they have there own problems) , just your bog standard 200, 300 & TD5 types. Lots of shopping round required and a couple of the long standing landy Insurers are losing business. NFU remains pretty good though. Hoping to get mine insured as a motorhome this year, will be lots cheaper.

I use the tool on the Martin Lewis site

We just got our building and contents renewal (£500k full rebuild/£450k contents) - went up from £1640 to £2025. (all risks cover - Aviva Distinct)
I called the broker and he confirmed the issue is that we have a “bells only” alarm system. He sad he’d got a much cheaper quote for an all risks policy with Howden Elite (£1460) similar cover, but we would need Central Station Monitoring on the alarm system.
Called the alarm co - the monitoring will be £100 pa plus a one off fee of £100 to fit the required part in our alarm control panel.
Result!

4 Likes

I think you may need a service plan as well. (If you haven’t got one).
Most monitoring stations wouldn’t accept connections from systems that are not installed and maintained to the relevant British Standard when I was in the industry, although with the increase in ‘smart’ systems that may have changed.

1 Like

Yes, we always have a annual service but we needed that previously anyway even with the bells only.

1 Like

Are your contents really £450k? Sounds a lot. My insurance for both is £600-odd