Tangerine Dream

It was the soundtrack to a documentary IIRC. However I am very drunk so this may be complete drivel.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/lVyZPwJwQpM

Listen from 6.45 until 9 mins for proper synthcraft.

1 Like

Good call @Gyroscope. Might give that a try. Thanks for the heads-up Guy

1 Like

This is complete drivel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe this is.

Getting pissed? I really hope that day will come for you soon Ólan.

I’ve just been having a whine about Pinot Noir (or the lack thereof) in the Chronic Alkies thread. I can always crack out the oxycontin if I want a couple of hours off…
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Edgar Froese solo albums which are superb as well and sound very similar to the TD albums that were recorded the same year

Aqua / Epsilon In Malaysian Pale / Macula Transfer / Ages / Stuntman / Kamikaze 1989 OST / Pinnacles

Avoid the later remasters that Froese done as they’re shit compared to the originals.

6 Likes

Thanks chaps.

Plenty there to be going on with :+1:

It’s a fabulous venue. I went to the Klaus Schulze gig in 1983.

2 Likes

Not jealous at all Kev.

I think that was the first time they played live in the UK so impressively early to see them - where you listening to Peels’ The Perfumed Garden shows as he was a huge fan of them at that time ?

Do you remember the venue ?

Fairfield Halls in Croydon iirc

1 Like

Nice one - I shall save that to my youtube faves :+1:

My old mate was a total fanatic and had a shit load of TD bootlegs but I never bothered going down that route which I regret now.

There are a couple of amazing live concerts from '74 on the In Search Of Hades box set from The Victoria Palace and Rainbow Theatre which Peel introduces.

Mellotron heaven. :heart_eyes:

Looks like I was wrong about the Phaedra content, I certainly went to the gig because I had the album,
According to the interwebs the set list consisted of two tracks.

1 Like

Interesting how they must have developed the material over the previous year given that the official Ricochet album was a live album. Still jealous mind.

I never saw them live until 81 but did get to meet them twice and get their autographs like a proper little fan (ny) :grinning:

1 Like

Logos Live is also one of my favourites too. Not least because I was at the concert in 1982.
Played loud with deep, deep notes. Great fun.

Next time I saw them was in 2018 at the Union Chapel in North London.
Where did the time go?