Terry’s hairstyle anthology

3 Likes

2 Likes

Which particular hairstyle are you referring to?

5 Likes

Legs Rob.

2 Likes

Please never do that again!!
:laughing:

Head, eyebrows, moustache, legs, possibly cleavage, so much to choose from.

No Googling.

That’s Brian McCoy on the left.

Next is the big vocalist. Grr. He sang for Thunderstick as well (I think). And Gary Moore as well?

Was it just “McCoy”?

Bollocks :unamused:

1 Like

I shudder to think what her growler looks like :flushed:

2 Likes

:pleading_face:

I have often felt this way about Bjork

John McCoy. Where TF did I get “Brian” from.

The singer was Nicky Moore

Thank you!

My 80s metal knowledge is getting rusty!

To banjax Rob further

Back to Terry

3 Likes

Nicked from last FM

“After the split of Gillan in 1982, the bearded John McCoy (bass guitar; 19 stone) recruited session musicians ‘Tubby’ Vinnie Reed (drums; 22 stone), ‘Big’ Mac Baker (guitars; 24 stone) and Nicky Moore (vocals; 20 stone and 5’6”) for his solo project.
Initially christened ‘Dinosaur’, they changed their names after complaints from a similarly titled California blues outfit.
Changing their name to ‘Mammoth’, the band toured with Whitesnake and Marillion and were generally well-received by fans, although an “incident” in Leeds meant that the band had to request a specially reinforced stage at all future gigs, due to the concentrated pressure of some 1200 pounds (plus allowance for on stage exuberance).
After a few years of touring without hitting the big-time in the manner of their contemporaries, the band decided to call it a day, and moved onto other solo projects.

The band starred (?) in the 1988 film Just Ask For Diamond, where the entire band play henchmen of the Fat Man (Michael Robbins)."

I knew Big Mac in South London, I think he still lives around the Wallington area, he had huge hands and fingers like sausages, I could never work out how he could play the guitar like he did!
Mac and Nicky Moore had another band for a while, I remember them playing The Frog and Bucket in Ide Hill, I loved that venue, and of course the Cartoon in Croydon

Up Terry’s Strazza ?

That was very subtle Lamahl.