Terry’s hairstyle anthology

2 Likes

Fuck, couldn’t resist

3 Likes

This thread needs moar Conway Twitty

All went a bit David-Dickinson later in life…

1 Like

Or Grot, keeper of the Heart Machine (a bloody great big power supply)

1 Like

Enjoy your ban. :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Mainly for the fucking stupid font you used.

4 Likes

I only had a limited choice of Helvetica, Georgia or Noteworthy…

Fucking luddite.

Well, yeah, that’s fair enough.

1 Like

Accepted like a johnno in court

1 Like

Antipodean look book

2 Likes

And Nick Beggs. Lives just across town from me in Leighton Buzzard. He has an interesting hairstyle now.

index

1 Like

That picture begs the question, “What would Spider Man Do?”

Spent at least 2 nights a week there from around ‘78 -’ 81 / '82 ish. Fucking loved the place

I had my 21st Birthday Party there, as a mate once said you had to dance to every band that played there otherwise your feet would get stuck to the floor. :grinning:

1 Like

Were you there around the same time as me?

My 21st was in 79 so I certainly was. I stated going there when I was about 17 it was only one shop unit wide and the stage was at the back, they then doubled the size and put the stage on the side.
I remember all the bikers who used the place, you could get stoned just by breathing.
I remember one of them had a massive row with the owner (Stuart Wilder) and rode his bike through the front windows and into the bar :smiley:
The middle windows in the pic below

1 Like

I started when the double opened. Seem to remember the huge cartoon on the left wall. And remember Stuart very well. Plus a few of the lads who used to come over from Beanos.
Trying to remember some of the bands…
Feelgoods, Jivin’ Jump, Slippery When Wet, Mungo Jerry on Sunday afternoons.
Happy days :grin:

1 Like

Some friends of mine played there a lot, they were in a band called Project X although that might have been after your time. Another friend was a graphic artist so he designed some tee shirts they used to sell at gigs, The lead singer used to announce “We have tee shirts for sale, £3.00 each or 3 for a tenner!”.
Same joke every gig!

Don’t remember Project X. But, then again, there’s a lot of things I don’t remember about The Cartoon due to long nights and much ale :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

1 Like