The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

In the middle of doing a presentation in teams and doorbell goes so I ignore it, rings a second time, ignore it. Next I hear a knocking on the window (I avoided the use of tapping to prevent any dud & pete puns) and look over to see some bloke waving at me.

Stop the presentation and answer the door.

Twat – I’m doing a showing for the house next door and they would like to have a chat with you
Me – I’m in the middle of doing a presentation for work at the moment
Twat – it will only take 5 mins
Me – OK I’ll be free in 45 mins
Twat – oh I’m in a rush as I have another showing if you could just spare 5 mins now
Me – No!
Twat - that’s not very nice
Me – Oh just fuck off you pleb
Twat – Oh my

Wonders off back to wanky range rover with private plate chuntering under his breath

Fucking stupid annoying cunty estate agents

24 Likes

You’ve gone soft. Should have lumped the cunt.

3 Likes

Should have spun up some Eurovision hits at 110+dB through the LVs while he was trying to sell the place

3 Likes

I had a similar run in with an estate agent doing a showing on the house next door when I lived in Gedney Hill.
I went to get in my car and he had parked on my drive in front of me.
Polite tap on the door and asked if he could move as I needed to get out, I was told I’m busy you will have to wait! I said to him you are on my drive his reply was I’m busy.
Fair enough, I get in my 4x4 drive up the bank into the field back down the bank and park in front of his 5 series bmw, lock the car and go back in the house.
20 minutes later there is a knock on the door with a sheepish estate agent asking me to move my car! I’m sorry I’m busy you will have to wait I said with a smile and shut the door.
15 minutes later there was a knock and he was back, can you please move I’m late for another appointment and my boss is going mad. I laughed and smiled and told Him to tell his boss what a cock he’d been and I’d be out when I was ready.
Gave it 15 minutes then went out moved my car and waved him off, childish of me but it made me smile.

39 Likes

This might work… :smiling_imp:

Bloody nanny state, if we can’t own it and charge entry then well stop it happening fun police Chesterfield Council.
This was a brilliant event, and they’ve ruined it, utter twats.

:rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fucksake! “too popular”! Twats!

1 Like

the 1940s Market and Medieval Fun Day.”

Oh dear. Not quite the same thing. Scant consolation really.

Cart races round the central car park?

Another CP to government and HMRC in particular… wonder how much has been spaffed on consultants, advisors and lawyers through this clusterfuck?

The EE marketing department need to take a good look at themselves. I just received this text.

Great news! We’ve updated some of your network settings, please restart your phone to make sure it’s up to date.

How sad must your life be when a network settings update to your phone is considered to be “Great news!”

I swear if one day I get that text and think: well the day’s not been a total waste, some good news at least, it’s probably time for the one way ticket to La Suisse.

8 Likes

did you restart your phone though?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fuck off BBC, it’s not a party or a celebration.

1 Like

The Passport office can have one.
We send all our documents in by recorded delivery, they send an email saying we have your docs, then several weeks later they send an email asking for a birth certificate that they already have…we now have to make a phone call in the morning, which may take all day to get through to tell them that they already have the certificate they are asking for and they signed for it…

You can tell where this is going to end up.

:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph:

2 Likes

Meanwhile, console yourself that you’re getting rinsed for about £75 a throw.

4 Likes

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Going on holiday in August, I read about the problem so ordered our 3 expired renewals about a month ago.

Frankly it went really well. The progress updates were useful, each passport took about 2-3 weeks and we’ve just received all 3 of the old passports back as well.

The one thing that almost threw me was that I was going to send all 3 old passports together, but saw that the reference formed part of the address to send it to, so ended up having to pay 3x for that postage. They obviously use that to import the documentation to the relevant account.

2 Likes

Thankyou for the info. As you say, up until now the progress updates (or lack there of) have been ‘useful’.
This is a new application for our son Sam, so his first Passport.
We stand to loose £500 quid over this if they dont pull their finger out and actually do something, and have a very dissapointed 15 year old.
I can feel myself already loosing my (very long) temper over this…

If and I know this is a big if, you are on talking terms with your MP/or they have a good rep for responding to constituents it may be worth contacting them.

The Home Office have a dedicated team in Parliament to deal with escalations from MP’s regarding their constituents. Worth a try.

1 Like