The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

Nope, over a decade of police forces administrative incompetence and laziness does not justify it.

1 Like

Fair enough, punish their actions now by prioritising engineers over making sure no one slipped through back when they didn’t. All at same time as employing more officers and using an underfunded reduced numbers government department.

Makes sense

Received yet another Xmas card today. :flushed:

3 Likes

don’t bother replying to my last as I can’t be fucked arguing it

Was merely picking you up on your point. I would still rather make sure everyone in the police was vetted to current standards as a priority.

Too late :laughing:

1 Like

As this Bullshit with The Met and presumably other police forces rolls on uncontrolled as anyone with real talent and commitment won’t be looking to be a police officer but the worthless perverts will be queuing up. With a corrupt government there won’t be any leadership. Only yesterday I was told of women who book a cab to take them home but the so called ‘Low Traffic Networks’ are so difficult for the cabs to negotiate that the women get put out of the cars at the edge of the zone and have to walk home at night. It’ll be OK because the Met will ‘protect’ them just like they did with the woman a police officer murdered less than a mile from where I live and the unknown number of rapes that this current guy has carried out. I would do Russian roulette with the senior 100 officers of the Met so 20 of them get shot dead and those that remain alive are really motivated to stop this shit.

I prefer help

You lucky lucky bastards.

A new bill due to go through parliament will raise the official age at which people can stop work from 62 to 64.

2 Likes

Right, but that’s entirely down to you shitlers. You could have a) put some promotion behind it (god knows how I found out about it), or b) applied it universally across ALL sales.

3 Likes

Do the other programmes include paying tax and providing humane working conditions?

What ? So I’m no longer going to Receive my congratulatory email about about how much I’ve contributed (which is clearly insufficient) to my chosen charity ?

Bezosbot

Really do love having my intelligence insulted by large corporations greedy for MOAR! $trillions…

‘Smile’ was one of very few things that ‘allowed’ me (morally) to use that despicable corporation for the occasional purchase when it was also the cheapest option by a large-enough margin.

Not any more.

2 Likes

Manchester Airport, for not being able to deal with less than 5 cm of overnight snow, and closing both runways for several hours this morning.

2 Likes

Would you prefer they just jumped in the planes and took their chances? :grinning:

1 Like

Many Mancunians are understandably wary of dodgy take offs from snowy airports.

4 Likes

Apologies for the formatting. You will have to do a bit of CSI zoom and enhance to read.

13 Likes

Ugh.

Sad but not surprising. Every big company is the same, increasing shareholder value is their sole aim. Any bullshit around sustainability, charitable support, paying staff better wages is only done in an effort to increase profitability.

The national charity that I work for has received £125K from Amazon Smile since the scheme started.
This is obviously very welcome but £12.5K a year (average since the scheme started) is not that significant.
Of far greater benefit is the pallets of goods we get delivered form Amazon to sell through our high street shops and ebay site. But these are effectively the goods that are returned by purchasers or fulfilled by Amazon suppliers deciding to give away slow moving or obsolete inventory rather than pay Amazon for storage. They are not owned by Amazon.