The Boys' Own Book of Aeroplanes

And yet, some people still think it’s real :crazy_face:

Well done Mat :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

RAF Luton is an unimpeachable source. It certainly isn’t for the likes of us to question it.

5 Likes

In fog or are pilots blind these days? Love to hear the air traffic audio log :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fucking huge hint in the name used for Pilot Sqn Ldr Nottie Zactly-Trew.

4 Likes

I was once on a plane on approach to Cincinnati CVG when the engines suddenly ramped up and the plane started to ascend rather than descend and to bank quite hard to the left. After a few seconds the pilot came on the cabin PA to tell us that we would be going round for another approach as he had spotted another aircraft on our runway. We were a fair way from the airport and I would guess at perhaps 2000-3000ft. Despite some alarm, we were pleased he was paying attention.

1 Like

RAF Luton is tedious now, there’s only so many times you can recycle the same joke.

Haven’t you seen the joke section on here?
RAF Luton is fresh and original by comparison :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve seen the same joke here 8008135 times, posted by 7175 members.

Just watched this; hope it’s of some interest to someone:

5 Likes

Cleanup on aisle 1 please

(Most probably needed new underwear too, looking at how violent that must have been!)

Fuck that! :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Turns-out the much-reported ‘big bang’ heard in the midlands around noon was a pair of Typhoons scrambled to intercept a commercial flight that had gone radio-silent:

Idlewild ( JFK laterly) 1951, Boeing 377 Stratocruiser.

15 Likes

Cool, the livery says Pan American World Airways and PAA at the same time, quite interesting.
Never ever flew with them, but for some reason was always a fan, I guess because they were launching customer for the 747.

1 Like

What a wonderful, atmospheric picture.

1 Like

This is well worth a look. An in-depth look at the interior of the Hindenburg airship.

8 Likes

Fantastic. Smoking rooms :astonished:

and all that hydrogen just overhead…

2 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

Had to look up and see what those lower windows were for

First class lower deck cocktail bar of course

5 Likes