The Football

We’re there tomorrow, just the sort of game where we get turned over .:+1:

1 Like

Yeah Villa are the same, a gift to every team trying to break a shit run of form!

1 Like

It’s some game to be in, this football manager lark. Days after being sacked by Fulham and the inevitable compensation package, he gets another top job.

Doesn’t seem to matter how successful or not you have been, the jobs still seem to materialise.

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know. At least they didn’t hire Pardew or Fat Sam.

Claudio has actually won something.

1 Like

Granted, but when you have been sacked by your previous two employers for poor performance how do you get a gig like Roma.

I can’t think of another single industry where failure is rewarded so readily. Unless you count politics as an industry…

1 Like

The last,

There is a self perpetuating idea that ‘top level experience’ is everything. New blood is only rarely (and usually accidentally) given the chance to earn this experience so teams are locked into a cycle of picking from the same crop of increasingly tired and elderly managers with this hallowed experience regardless of how many times they’ve failed before.

The last person to really arrive in this hallowed circle was Zidane. It’ll be interesting to see if Ole gets to join the cadre too.

Everton…:angry:

On the other hand Spurs :thinking: and this:

Best football tweet in a while…

2 Likes

94th to 101st minutes at Wycombe looked fun

Indeed.

93 mins Flanagan goes off for Sunderland and no more subs, so down to 10 men
94 mins Sunderland equalise
98 mins S down to 9 men, red card
100 mins, Wycome down to 10, red card
101 mins W down to 9 men, red card
103 mins full time 1-1

3 Likes

You don’t get that kind of drama in the PL. :grinning:

1 Like

Wait till VAR comes in.:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Game of two halves my son, game of two halves.

Said to my mate after ten minutes of the second half, “if we get one, we will get something out of this game”. Gomez(?) was immense in the first half. Second half you looked to hold 2-0, should’ve kept going for it.

:angry:

:disappointed:

1 Like

No rift. Total bollocks.

1 Like

Not mentioned on the original BBC text commentary, but it appears these two were sent off after a brawl on the bench. :roll_eyes: They had both already been subbed.

2 Likes

They are a disgrace mate. Mind you if we scored first when we play them it’d cut out the time wasting

Waaah! :joy: