The Football

Just seen Mourinho’s presser and the journos are asking him about deadline signings. There definite tension between him and the board going on there. This first few months will be a powder keg for them. If they don’t get a good start it’ll kick off big time.

When I think back to the urgency & keenness of the press to get LvG removed & replaced by the then messiah Mourinho it’s somewhat galling to see them trying to engineer yet another change simply in order to boost their circulations. Who will they line up next?

Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes have both reportedly passed medicals ahead of their permanent (Mina) and loan (Gomes) moves to Everton from Barcelona. This appears to be a good thing!

1 Like

yeah but Mourinho kinda gives them what they want! That last PC when they were on tour, he was asked a question and went on for several minutes about a whole load of stuff, all of which was pretty negative. I didn’t notice that the press were particularly baiting him on that occasion, they didn’t have to…

The players suggest that the Mourinho they work with in training is very different to the grumbling whining twat the media encounters. But the endless negativity must be detrimental and actually quite damaging once the team has a poor result or two

It’s always been a marriage of convenience I think. The board must have known full well what they were getting - some trophies, less focus on youth development, a spiky dressing room environment. Jose is consistent.

Charlton was never a fan and his influence shouldn’t be underestimated. Perhaps after the Moyes/LvG years the board felt they couldn’t do another ‘project’. But if they were expecting the Leopard to change his spots and create another Ferguson ‘dynasty’ then they were barking up the wrong tree.

Jose fell out of love with football at Madrid. That’s ultimately the issue.

Get the feck outta here. he’s the most talented shit-stirrer going: you can hardly blame journos for picking him up on whichever inflamatory crumbs he chucks left right and centre.

I agree with all of that, though I equally cannot understand how a team that was so far off the pace last season has not reinforced over the summer.

It’s almost as though …

United don’t sack managers in the first half of a season, so I give him until April/May. Really don’t see him being in charge for next years summer transfer window.

Kovacic is excellent by the way. He’ll be good at Chelsea.

I think so to Mark but we do not have a buying option at the end of the loan period.

You have also got Bernard on a free, well done.

I didn’t think that was confirmed yet. If so, we look to have bought well.

Have you written down your new line up with him included though? :sunglasses:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/alan-shearer-challenges-mike-ashley-wheres-that-money-gone-newcastle-united/

Really getting excited about this season because of some really intriguing and some top top fixtures starting this weekend. Kick off tomorrow Man U v Leicester could be an upset but I have predicted a home win. Early season upsets?

Bernard and Mina both signed. I wonder if the loan deal for Andre Gomes will get up too. If so, this is a potentially cracking window for Everton (who have also manged to clear out a fair bit of dead wood and 37 of the number 10s signed this time last year :disappointed:).

Mildly optimistic now…

4 Likes

deleted because:

Gomes in on loan aswell. They’ve had a good day. (unlike Ed Woodward)

1 Like

We did not get Fekir. Shame.

The Hammers, after avoiding the usual nonsense signing for the whole window, have decided today to give a two year deal to a 32 year old all in wrestler. @crimsondonkey What was Sanchez like at Villa?