The Football

From what I’ve seen, the last couple of times he’s appeared, lamp post has looked decent compared to some of your higher profile players.

That’s not saying a lot though.

2 Likes

Sky red button is good!!

First time I have remembered and it’s fhe Tykes derby. Should be there but too lazy to drive.

Oh no Lindelof coming on. We look as threatening as a wet paper bag. Lukaku looks way off the pace.

Well that was a first half to forget.

Do Sanchez and Lukaku actually practice together during the week? :roll_eyes:

Biggest cheer of the night. Sanchez being subbed :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They looked like a team in the bottom 3 near the end of the season, fearful, no confidence, too many touches

‘Alexis Sánchez’s contract – £391,000 a week with an extra £75,000 for every game he plays and an annual £1.1m signing-on fee’

I doubt he gives a fuck.:roll_eyes:

I don’t buy that.

He has all of the money he would ever need, he must have some pride.

He ran down his contract at Arsenal and could have gone to City or Liverpool but all he and his agent were interested in was who would pay the most.

1 Like

I think that one is probably the worst deal any club has done in the history of the PL. Especially as it also came with the loss of an exceptionally good player that Mourinho didn’t have a clue how to use.

3 Likes

The City move appeared to be wrapped up and then United waved their cheque book so he stalled and Pep told him to fuck off if that was his attitude.

He was in demand. And JM obviously saw him as a world class addition to consider so much for a man his age.

I can’t understand how he looks so average.
He does care and I’m sure it’s not apathy due to money.
It was money behind the club choice, though.

10 or 11 years ago he was a high energy part of Bielsa’s fantastic Chile team. He was good then. A shadow of that player now.

But that isn’t my point. Sure he chased the ££££££££ but surely he still wants to be admired by fans, lauded by critics and further his career.

Also, if it was only about the money, I’m pretty sure he would want to be ever present in the team to pick up his additional £75k per match.

1 Like

He works hard. His passion is evident on the pitch. His frustration is clear when others are not pulling their weight.

He just looks ordinary. For the last couple of years he has been a different class. He had the pick of any team to move to.

I’m not sure if it’s him or the team/tactics… but he is woefully out of sorts. Sure, he is rich, but I don’t buy he doesn’t care. I don’t watch enough to know why but it must be positional and role, as his legs can’t have gone that much since the end of last season!?

1 Like

Sanchez arrived unfit, he has slimmed down a bit, but has absultely no connection with Lukaku or Pogba. They seem to work against each other.

He also loses the ball pretty much every time he gets it.

I swear, the only thing I miss from the Wam is the :notworthy: emoji.

2 Likes

Agreed. We need a ‘notworthy’ emoji to make this place complete(ish)

Ha Ha!!! Bruce is a cunt…

2 Likes