The Football

meh :smirk:

Guilty as charged Jim.

Our two really good seasons have been on the back of one individual player being amazing - Suarez under Rodgers and then Salah last year.

Our best player this season has been Allison, but then De Gea has been Uniteds best player for about 5 straight seasons so having a goalie as the star man doesnā€™t bode well for us.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Glory fades.

So much wrong with this, I donā€™t even.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying a lot of other players didnā€™t have excellent seasons but itā€™s that star player doing amazing things week in week out that helps bring them all up. Confidence innit.

What is the theory on Salahā€™s shocking form?

His body language just looks very unhappy and unmotivated. Was there perhaps a fallout about him going to the World Cup when not fully recovered?

1 Like

Mahrez needs to take note.

2 Likes

The one-man team theory is just the laziest trope ever in football analysis, and to apply it to Kloppā€™s team last year is so far from the mark.

I donā€™t think his form is that bad really. I do think heā€™s a bit tentative because of that shoulder injury, leading to a lack of confidence in his finishing but nothing too concerning.

3 Likes

He misses Chelsea. :sunglasses:

And who could blame him with such overwhelming fan support?

Thatā€™s good to know that we can still win without Hazard. :+1:

City better without De Bruyne, apparently
#onemanteamlazyanalysisrus

You may need to after Christmas :grinning:

2 Likes

Surely itā€™s merely a tactic to ensure he is offered the full Sanchez by Chelski?

He is not greedy he just wants to play for Real Madrid, his boyhood dream apparently.

Dean Smith announced as Head Coach at Villa, with a certain John Terry as his assistant.
And Jesus as Director of Football :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately they need financial miracles as well as football ones.

If we donā€™t go up this season then I canā€™t see how they can fit inside FFP, so big fine and points deduction become a distinct possibility.

Insert favourite joke about getting on the end of crosses/sudden resurrection of Villaā€™s form hereā€¦

1 Like

I was thinking of ā€˜season will be over by Easterā€™.

2 Likes

Expecting a Cup run then???

:wink:

2 Likes