The Milk Float Thread

Both, but I realise my post isn’t particularly incisive because I can’t remember the link to the data :smiley:

1 Like

First journey seemed to work that way today, getting to Didcot with 1m of electric range left. Would be nice if there was an option to arrive with half battery to cover the drive home, though.

I’ve got a Toyota Auris Hybrid. We live in a hilly area and spend time in the Lake District so the car spends a lot of time running on petrol. I reckon we get between 40 - 45 mpg. On a long run or around a town we get 55 - 65.

It’s a really comfortable car, easy to drive and very well speced.

It is also the most boring car to drive I have ever driven.

2 Likes

I’ve got the Golf version and it automatically uses all the battery power first irrespective of journey type.
However there is a button to the left of the gearstick which cycles through other modes.
“Hybrid” will cause the petrol engine to kick in at around 40mph and revert back to electric below that.
Then there’s the “GTE” button… :wink:

You and me, we are the same. Except I am bigger.

Know about the modes, I was running in hybrid rather than e-mode on the way down.

I agree.
(P.S. Who isn’t… )

1 Like

There is nothing environmentally friendly about hybrids. They are the worst option.

They only exist for Adam to aspire to assuaging his middle class angst. :grinning:

7 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t like it.

1 Like

And then one of these is being fitted tomorrow.

1 Like

I may just have got the accountant’s permission, some time in the nebulous future, to possibly look at getting a Tesla.This is a major step in wearing her down, it only took 5 years to get the Lexus so I’m hoping I can cut that down to 2-3 years. :rofl:

I think I’m married to a better accountant, personally.

She’s test driving a 5.0 Mustang next weekend…

What’s an accountant?

Chequebook controller.

Funnily enough I mentioned the mustang to her, she threatened to sing ‘Mustang Sally’ every time she got in the thing which is borderline enough to put me off.
Part of me says that v8 petrol monsters are a dying breed and maybe I should own another before they become illegal, my preference though would be for a Lexus IS-F or GS-F as I need something with 4 doors.

Stu - Accountant: Person that lives under the same roof as you who rabidly scrutinizes and criticizes any and all purchasing decisions. Manly purchases such as tools, cars, Hi-Fi and watches must either be argued for stridently or bought in a stealthy manner by saving unnoticed amounts into a secret account only you have access to.
It is prudent to monitor the accountants unauthorized spending on spa days, piss ups with their girly mates, hair products and makeup as this can quite often be used as leverage to your advantage. This can be tricky as they tend to spend small and often rather than the manly massive spend every few years that we tend to do. Do not feel shame in writing that shit down and hauling it out when the need arises.

Edited to add: If you have a child then shamelessly use them to get your own way. My son saw a you tube review of a tesla and loved it. I encouraged him to mention this to the accountant incessantly and this may have had some bearing on her cracking slightly.

Partridge GTi.

2 Likes

Yes keep thinking that - lower prices for me…

Checked the insurance cost for a model 3 - yikes it’s pricey for the performance model, nearly 3 times the cost of an IS-F or m3. So cooling on the idea a little until the insurance companies catch up with things.
A shame really as it is perfect for me in every other way. I don;t remember the leaf being much more than a similar sized golf or fuckarse so I suspect it’s due to replacement parts cost / availability for things like body panels and that glass roof.