The Milk Float Thread

We use the granny charger under the garage door. Got an EV tarrif from Bulb and set the car to charge during the cheap period.
Couldn’t be arsed with the hassle of owt else.

If we get a fully electric car we would pribably go for a wall charger with a decent power rating.

1 Like

You can fully charge that in 8 hours on a 10A charge @ 2.4kW/h. Don’t think I’d bother putting in a dedicated EVSE.

With the changes in electricity rates, Economy 7 is now a legit option for a number of use cases. Probably this one too.

1 Like

This is kind of what I’m thinking although a lockable external socket will probably be something I’ll get put on the side of the house so wires are less in the way.

We have ordered the i4 40, BMW now saying very confidently, delivery mid December (yes this year)!

I’ll believe it when it arrives!

5 Likes

Never seriously contemplated a milk float, until now…

Obviously, I’ll need to employ the standard Shetland method of restraint during the Winter

8 Likes

Design concept: driving a chunkier Smart Roadster backwards.

Lego providing the design concept.

That’s glorious and I’d love one.

1 Like

It is!

If you’re gonna go for the challenging look, go full potato.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it joins the Austin Allegro in the very small set of cars that are more aerodynamic when going backwards.

2 Likes

I’ve just seen it’s designed for a ‘resource depleted’ world and is made out of a sort of processed cardboard. You should genuinely offer to perform an extended Fetlar test for them as, if it can survive there, it’ll probably survive anywhere :+1:.

1 Like

All the want.

1 Like

Citroen are so much better when they aren’t trying to be ‘normal’

Citroen are so much better when you don’t actually spend your own money on one of their cars :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it looks ridiculous, tbh.

2 Likes

On the one hand, that looks brilliant for inner-city commuting. Considering eBikes can easily cost north of £2K it’s not a daft price. However, most city dwellers don’t have off-street parking so how will they charge these? Maybe they could use similar battery packs to lawnmowers etc - so you take the pack out of the car and charge it in the house? Obviously it’s not that simple as they’ll be a lot bigger and heavier but I don’t see how EVs can work for cities otherwise.

1 Like

Another very positive review of the new MG

6 Likes

Wife’s work has just turned her company car lease scheme into salary sacrifice.
And you can get two cars.

Bonus.

Does salary sacrifice provide a significant financial benefit compared to lease?