The Monarchy (now mostly about money)

Yep, I’ve got a nostalgic Hanker-on now thanks to you, fucker; and it would be closer to 1978 for me, at my Nan’s, Saturday teatime. My grandad loved a bit of BB.

Does it even still exist? :thinking:

1 Like

:joy: Yes, it does still exist- leastways it did last time I checked!

There is gonna be hell to pay if they’ve fucking ran out…

It reminds me of birthday parties and other childhood shit…

I’m gonna post some fucking pictures later…:innocent:

2 Likes

Git.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: I have been called a racist, although I haven’t pissed my pants for a while now… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Fuckin’ casual !

I have NEVER had a battenberger :+1:

I distinctly remember a severe case of the munchies where I consumed a whole Battenburg to myself in a matter of minutes.

7 Likes

Free plastic toy with every one you buy

1 Like

Free plastic billionaire monarch to everyone whether you want one or not. Still have to pay for it either way.

I got triggered as I associate both Kipling and Battenberg (wannabe Mountbatten) to India/British Indies.

Apart from being not too to well educated in literature, it was more a Battenberg thingy as this is a monarchy thread.

Thinking of it, those people with the ‘not my king’ placards are right.
As I live in Germany, I guess he’s more ‘my king’, since he’s from the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

1 Like

Bob Moran goes absolutely full on with this:

Can be yours for 32 large:

Mrs Rednoses watches the coronation, youngest comes into the living room.
‘It’s a bit pompous’, I said.
‘It’s a waste of tax payer’s money’, she replied.
She just turned 15 last week. :grinning:

(Might belong in the proud dad section.)

4 Likes

Coronation pft, my mother used to crown me everytime i misbehaved. I didn’t have a procession either to celebrate my crowning, usually a sore head and arse.

2 Likes

Watching the various crown servants, state institutions, and British tradition on display is genuinely moving.
The whole world will be reporting this and I suspect they will be envious of the professionalism and dedication on display.

Whatever you think of the royal family, this is about the Crown institution and all those that work hard behind the scenes.
I would prefer that to some shambolic vote for a power grabbing president. Nothing is perfect, but throwing away history and tradition is not always the best option.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/aermorg/status/1654734878578032640?s=21

Today, thousands of people will line the streets for when he officially takes over.

He’s waited patiently enough years for this moment. Tears will be shed.

It’ll certainly be an emotional moment for him and his family, with millions watching on TV from around the globe.

Good luck Sam Allardyce.

13 Likes

For a 15 year old that’s quite a sharp observation :+1:. But as she grows up you might want to explain that, as with so very many things, it’s a bit more complicated than that.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Seems that there must of been a u turn over the last 48 hours