The Pasteis De Bellend

Me too.
Lidl is cheap and easy. For all pastry noms.

This bothers me massively:

I wanted to show the world that Portuguese patisserie is much more than just Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese custard tarts)!

These look all wrong

Even the jpeg is called ‘custard tarts’

1 Like

They look like Chinese “Egg Tarts”. Influenced by their Portuguese colonies’ (Macau) produce.
Similar but quite different.

3 Likes

tenor (7)

3 Likes

This may be true in a relative sense…

Empirical evidence would suggest otherwise.

Has the oxygen supply to your brain stem been interrupted? You appear to have simultaneously lost both your control of language and grip on reality.

2 Likes

Let’s discuss complementary beverages. Is there a finer combo on the planet than these with a double espresso?

I’m already becoming quite mournful for the ones I had in Carvoeiro, with a 60 cent espresso. @anon14766838 if you are going to the seaside let me know and I’ll hit you up with the address.

1 Like

Lisbon last June:

The evidence is clear through the window of this Cathederal of Cake. However, no matter what alternative treats are on display, the default is this:

Double espresso is a must. Anything else smacks of decadence and moral decline. The birch should be firmly administered to those even considering milk and/or chocolate dustings on the caffeine delivery choices.

8 Likes

No, but don’t bet against a pic of a mug of tea with the bag in. :+1:

2 Likes

God bless the internet

Feckin’ cappuccino??? I presume this is for the consumer of the apple tart.

1 Like

no - our favourite was in the Sao Bento station in Porto - I think it was about €1.20 for espresso and Pasteis de Nata

We will end up on the coast, but much closer to the Spanish border at Tavira

1 Like

It’s a picture from Trip Advisor.

Cunts. Best treated as a great title for a Julian Cope LP and otherwise ignored.

Just thinking about adaptations for the display area.

4 Likes

God, I can’t get over how bad those Fortnums ones are. What the fuck are they thinking?

4 Likes

How to rip gullible tourists off, most likely.

I would like to see more ‘sample face’

5 Likes

It was a scone. Very different experience. The pasteis can evoke feelings of trans dimensional exploration.

4 Likes

First taste should incorporate a similar quizzical contemplative countenance. Ideally with the veiled promise of fury and or ecstasy - See Sibelius for correct ‘sampling’

2 Likes

Indeed, even incorrect pronunciation can lead to the descent of the red mist and the necessity to unleash righteous retribution.

3 Likes