The shit that does merit its own thread

My dad, a motorcycle dispatch rider, told me they were stealing jeeps from the Canadians because of the fear of wires stretched across roads. Hence the notched angle iron you sometimes see on the front of contemporary transport.

1 Like

:smiley:

2 Likes

haha thought you might spot that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Automated review replies: not always advisable.

1 Like

Looks like a randomly directed classic meth text

Still makes more sense than Trump talking about sharks.

1 Like

You aren’t allowed to have those in your house now under the revised offence weapons act.

Thanks. I did wonder about that. Will find out what I need to do.

I also have his dagger which is about as offensive as it gets. I’ve been meaning to do something about it for years but never got around to it.

You’ve never met sodders?

2 Likes

Google is surprisingly reticent about this. Instinctively you’d think “hand it in at Brixton Police Station” but you wouldn’t want to get arrested in the process :laughing:

Also, I can’t find the other item. I found a silver soup ladle that I didn’t know I owned (clearing my mother’s flat wasn’t exactly a precision operation), but the bits that I’m looking for - nope.

Soup ladle probably needs handing in to police too.

1 Like

I have now located the dagger, along with approximately a million penknives, bottle openers, keyrings, fountain pens etc. :man_facepalming:

I think I might have found a mission for the next few weeks.

Oh, and three pairs of glasses whose frames are in much better nick than my current set. I think I will probably have a new prescription next month so it would be good to see if they can be re-used.

Please find a violing case from somewhere to carry them into the police station. Peak trolling option right there.

4 Likes

Give them to a friend and then call the police on them. Probably the easiest option.

6 Likes

I know our front offices have knife bins, so you can just dump it in that and go, not sure if your area has similar.

1 Like

I would think Brixton Police Station would be very happy to remove knives out of the community and make it fairly easy for people to do.

When we were going through Ann’s Uncle’s stuff after he passed away the year before last, we found a couple of WW2 revolvers. Ann took them to the local plodshop in a plastic supermarket bag, plonked them in the counter and explained how we found them.
The desk sergeant said thanks very much, and that was that - no names, addresses etc. :man_shrugging:

That was the missing bit of Google-fu.

When you search for “knife” instead of “offensive weapon” all the information suddenly comes into view.

There are loads of knife amnesty bins on the streets around me, and at many police stations, including Brixton.

2 Likes

I know nothing about this, but if you wanted to keep them for sentimental reasons I wonder if you’d be OK casting them into a clear acrylic block ?

Probably currently accepted if planted firmly into a tory leadership candidates head prior to the setting in resin! :+1:

3 Likes