The shit that does merit its own thread

This :+1:

1 Like

I suspect they’ve dis-improved on it. Fags work too

of course.

As does amoebic dysentery.

1 Like

Landlord left a tape measure here. I soon found good use for it. Never occurred to me that they’d be useful for this sort of thing!:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I wish there was some miracle appetite-suppressant, but I’m guessing the reality is that it’s a complex neurochemical and physiological set of pathways that also have knock-on effects in other important functional areas, and which are overlain by powerful psychological, emotional, and habitual factors, as well as modern ‘lifestyle’ issues.

For sure, if it was in any way straightforward, we’d have long since solved the issue. I know for sure I’m losing years off my life, and I have good friends in a far worse state already due to their food-addiction. I also know that belting a needle into myself daily and then suffering such side-effects would probably see the drug set-aside quite soon by me, and countless others.

:+1:

This was true when I had my LV OBX R2
I just pushed the Airscouts into position but I did use the parquet flooring as a position guide

From your pics your place is always incredibly tidy so there may be a bit of this creeping in!

1 Like

Lab- - -YA!

3 Likes

Heroin appears to be quite effective. Side effects can be a bit iffy though

I know I am a bit ocd especially around cleanliness and tidyness but I’ve always thought I was just on the right side of it in as much as it isn’t problematic in my life.

That said, I genuinely thought that most audiophiles were probably as obsessive as me, and in many cases more obsessive, when it comes to speaker postioning, tt & arm set up etc. So far the responses I’ve received do seem to bear that out.

1 Like

This is the most important bit!

I have always used measurement to position speakers, and then double checked by listening.
Depending on the room small tweaks can make a difference.
I also measure valve heater voltages and output etc.
The TT arm and cart get a fair bit of attention as well.

But I tend to get everything set it up, get it sounding good and then leave it alone.
I don’t fuss with my faff :grinning:

1 Like

I’m the same. Once it’s set up I leave well alone.

Me too.

1 Like

Getting the correct spider and fly position is critical.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Yes. A visiting qualified Sound Engineer visited and gave me some feedback and made some very kind comments about the system… Left well alone since then!:nerd_face:

1 Like

So goodbye, Onkyo! The sad thing is not your passing – but the fact that no one will miss you.

1 Like

Might get these out for a reminisce… although they weigh a combined 35kg so I might not bother!

1 Like

They were always distinctly also-ran.

Strange,one company I’ve seen for decades,yet never heard any of their stuff

I remember Onkyo being rather good. They entered the UK market with some AV kit in the 90s that was much better sounding than the Yamaha and Denon stuff.