The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Mostly, yes

Athletes with very short hair, I wonder why that is?

Clearly being a fucking moron is no impediment to rising up through the ranks of the Tory party machine.

It’s a prerequisite from what I can see, so given that I might apply for a job there myself.:grin:

I think you may be over qualified :grinning:

4 Likes

Wonderful bit of merciless assassination (save for the poor staff who may loose their jobs because of this). I’m particularly impressed with her comment that the unpleasant peanut monkfish is still living with her ‘like a goitre’. :smiling_imp:

I need to up my game for the resumption of the AAAC.

3 Likes

Posted by a drummer…:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I thought these warships had radar? Didn’t they notice a 222 metre-long, 29,000 ton ship getting close? Or did they just assume that it’d get out of their way?

The article said the container ship made a sharp turn before the collision but even still those things don’t turn on a coin.

Not sure what sort of radar they are fitted with but the ones we use in the Dover straight are able to calculate the course of a ship based on direction and speed within 30 secs of a direction change.

As a Glaswegian, I’m delighted that one of our greatest has been knighted.

This documentary on iplayer is well worth watching.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0535lq5/billy-connolly-portrait-of-a-lifetime?suggid=p0535lq5

4 Likes

Very well deserved.

What coffee machine does he use? :joy:

:confused:

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.
Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES’ ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH–I SAY AGAIN, THAT’S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH–OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

2 Likes

Could someone get this carbon dated please?

9 Likes

Homer wrote a version of that involving a trireme and the lighthouse at Pharos, but even he admitted to nicking it.

8 Likes

Maybe Donald Trump controls all US Navy vessels from his laptop in the Oval office.:thinking:

1 Like

Any request to do anything today that doesn’t basically involve either doing nothing or drinking something cold will be refused because hot.

1 Like

Holy fuck sticks I’m fucking dying here, 28c indoors and not far off it outside.

I hate hot weather in the UK, had 40c in Spain last year and no where near as uncomfortable as this.