The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Biffy Clyro, DJ Shadow, Anderson .Paak and the free Nationals were the standouts for me.

Itā€™s amazing how successful he is, never thought he wouldā€™ve took off like that. I suppose his style appeals to the American pop market. I like him though, he seems an honest guy.

Will check Kano out seeing as youā€™ve been going on about it.

Need to catch up on Royal Blood, the Xx, the Pretenders, Slaves, Tove Lo, and god knows how much else.

Thought London Grammar were a bit flat tonight. Still enjoyed their set though.

I liked him as he had a real bunch of musicians behind him, which is unusual for a grime artist who usually has someone operating a PC with loops, beats etc or at best a DJ and some percussion, but Kano had the full backing - a string section, brass, drums, guitars etcā€¦ made for some much more sophisticated backing music than you often get with grimeā€¦

1 Like

RTE can get to fuck. That article is spectacularly awful. I donā€™t get what makes Sheeran so popular. My kids like him thoughā€¦

:slightly_smiling_face:

He was just on the highlights, fairly impressive!

I know, itā€™s bad. I dunno, itā€™s simple music and I think people like his lyrics and that they sound like his words. Heā€™s not trying to be anything heā€™s not. Good luck to him anyway, heā€™s done well.

2 Likes

General direction=off.

1 Like

LOL I had been about to facetiously add earlier, that I would bet Chumpy would have big love for the Ginge. Turns out he does from his most recent posting flurries! :slight_smile:

The Worzels are about as edgy as it gets in his eccentric & surreal head space.

Not sure if I miss reading his posts or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am and I donā€™t.

7 Likes

Shut upā€¦heā€™s about the most interesting poster theyā€™ve got left :laughing:

1 Like

Lucid, succinct, candid. You should write for Real Reviews. Youā€™re clearly wasted (here).

:innocent:

Usually only on Friday nights :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Exactly. Daytime obliteration being usual for the other 6 days a weekā€¦

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

The Costa Roastery won a regional Constructing Excellence award and is in the final for the nationwide prize - yay!

16 Likes

Congratulations, thatā€™s got to be worth a new cape.

1 Like

On the contrary. One sight of the bloke in charge dressed like that and the projectā€™s chances are doomed !

VB

so did you go to pickup the cup and squirt champers at everyone