The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Meh

That’s how you celebrate a 10th anniversary

Elsewhere…apparently

3 Likes

PFP’s just continuing with the blandification of the brand. All going to plan.

This is the correct answer. It has been the correct answer since 2016. Bollocks to looking backward through rose tinted glasses at something that is long dead.

2 Likes

Baby Jebus is a sausage roll!!?!

untitled

:laughing:

1 Like

Trump spotted in mutt’s ear.

1 Like

I know … I know. :slight_smile:

Work has now gone full potato. I’ve never seen such an epic shambles.

I would be modestly surprised to get through the day without giving notice, or perhaps having a proper flounce.

Still, it would be amusing if some-one else booked Scalford Hall and put on the show under its original ethos to celebrate the 10th year…

Personally i miss being able to exhibit and to go listen to the über systems etc. If it was put back on under its original guise I would jump at the chance.

3 Likes

Meh! Some re-animated zombie thing would be shit. Doing something new/better could be interesting. Not sure about the über systems thing really, agreed on seeing people though.

Long past time to move on…

1 Like

Actually, sometimes people do get it right first time, and Scalford was one such example. However it also takes certain personalities, and a certain degree of momentum to make it happen, and that - with no disrespect to anyone - we do not remotely have. RIP Scalford.

Feck off, uber systems rule !:smile:

1 Like

They are quite cheap and convenient to get around London too.

1 Like

What I meant was that I would rather sit around having a beer (I wish) and a natter with a bunch decent people. Sitting around listening to über systems is a bonus, but for me Scalford was all about Saturday night and the post-show curry and piss-take. The über systems were nice, but not central for me, especially with the amount of prog and plinky-plonk jazz that emerged from them. They are good for getting the punters in though.

1 Like

Yep :+1:.

You do need some wow systems to get enough people through the door on Sunday to pay for the whole shebang.

(Post deleted)
Meh! Raking over dead coals…

Not mutually exclusive, just different formats to achieve the same end.

What we really need to do then is for the Midlands and North chapters of the AA to lay on a Lopwell equivalent.

Nah, if @pmac @BobC and @rmsshipbroker can make it, anyone can :+1:

Quite happy with Lopwell. Love it, in fact.

3 Likes

Yeah, and the system we had last year was pretty bloody uber anyways…:grinning:

2 Likes