The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

My car insurance was £85.00 cheaper than last year with the same company.

car insurance should cheaper, premiums have gone down due to changes such as the new whiplash rules.

i know, mentioning whiplash on here…

Vexes me to see internal structures handled with bare hands and fabric gloves! Sure some of the final treatments will get rid of some of the crap deposited, but certainly not all of it. So why the hell not use nitrile gloves throughout?

1 Like

I agree, but it was always thus. Film of the Mullard Blackburn plant shows the assembly women all working without gloves or masks e.g. from 6 minutes onwards here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDvF89Bh27Y.

I’ve heard it said by people that were old enough to have worked there that the quality control dept at Mullard could tell from their checks on the valves where individual assemblers were in their menstrual cycles, although whether the valves were being affected by skin chemistry or ability to concentrate wasn’t mentioned.

VB

1 Like

A true valve aficionado knows the batch codes to avoid - “-OTB” for “on the blob”…

Still KR charge one HELL of a lot more than 1960s Mullard did for their valves - you would think the fuckers could afford some disposable gloves!

I used to run a forum, but gave it up quite a while ago.

I’ve just learned that yet another (I can immediately think of 5) of the “old hands” has died.

The last time I saw him we got busted for drinking in the street in NY.

I know it’s the human condition, but it’s still a bit sobering.

1 Like

The stock in his shop is superb quality but the prices are steep.
He won’t buy anything unless it is Near Mint or unplayed.

1 Like

For those into vinyl and streaming…

https://thirdmanstore.com/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription-new

Subscribe for $60 per quarter, get some random vinyl stuff, also get Tidal for $5 per month.

If it works in the UK, you end up with £1 off your Tidal sub and some free vinyl.

4 Likes

I so want that to be real.

Is it real?

Please be real, Shytechocolate…

Google shows that it’s Canadian, so it’s obviously fake as Canada is made up.

Ah, I see.

Maybe I should wish for Canada to be real instead…

Canada is basically a homeopathic nation - there are so few people in so much space that they might as well not be there at-all.

Nice place to visit - but not for a whole day.

2 Likes

ignore the cheesy tags - this is fucking superb and this guy my new favourite interwebs person…

1 Like

9 Likes

New guest heading towards Lowell.

3 Likes

Gee, I wonder what’s missing?

6 Likes