The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Major international airport and seaside turn out to be popular destinations on a bank holiday weekend. Who’d have thought it ?

VB

I think after last weeks walk, and those bastard Scarpas, I may be losing a toenail.

Rite of passage mate. If I had a quid for every toenail I’d lost I’d have enough to buy 10 copies of that Ananta album that the Hare Krishnas used to sell in the street*.

*I have lost 1 toenail.

1 Like

I’m not hugely worried, it’s just that I was rather attached to it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hangover or sand in your chuff? :joy:

If it’s black then you probably will, sooner or later. They can hang on for ages though. Especially the big ones.

VB

Annoyingly, it seems to have lifted from one side.

I’m afeared it is going to take an age to come off and much snagging involved.

Do they actually reattach if looked after and not caught?

Fraid not. Once they’re at all loose (and sometimes even if they’re not, but are bloodied underneath) it’s only a matter of time. If it’s already loose along one side then it won’t be long. It’ll skin over underneath quite quickly and the nail will then slough off more-or-less painlessly. The trick is not to pick at it and to avoid catching it on stuff. It could be gone in anything from a few days to a few weeks.

VB

Going to put it on the free stuff thread.

Someone will want it. :slight_smile:

Vegan plectrum?

2 Likes

Bad idea. A whole toenail is a pretty powerful taglock.

VB

Irony. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never been a fan of his solo stuff.

3 Likes

This. I was once chatting to one of my nurses, who was an ultra-marathonist and used to train several times a week, and she said that at that moment across both her feet she had just three toenails.

VB

Big ones can be nasty. I got some infections and have had the left big one removed surgically 3 times.

That’s the one with me.

Always seems to be the biguns with me, and they never fully detach, so I have to gradually cut them down as the new one grows in… Feckin annoying!

I’ve got a feckin fungal infection on one, thing is getting as thick as Farage and feels like it is growing down into the toe. Might take a well aimed blow with a hammer and kill the fucker off.