The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Sure I had that as a starter last week.

7 Likes

Moroni totali.

No need to worry about an extra 4130 cases of measles. Measles never did anyone any harm or consumed time and resources in the health service.

:exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head: (yes it is sarcasm) :exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head::crazy_face::exploding_head:

1 Like

Take 5kgs of hardline Republicans, mix together with 5kgs of hardline Nationalists…

5 Likes

I truly hope there is a huge level of sarcasm in this statement, as the secondary effects of the measles virus are both horrific and terminal

I could not have meant what I said less if I tried.

Those inoculation deniers are a bunch of fuckwits and a danger to themselves and all around them. I’m all for free education but I could be persuaded to deny access to state schools for children without a full set of shots.

What Mr and Mrs Fountleroy want to do about Tarquin or Claudia in the private education sector is up to them if they chose not to immunise their little prince and/or princess.

2 Likes

I think that there is a view among the imbecilati that illness does you good - it builds up your immune system and somehow makes you stronger. It’s like Brexit: “we had measles in our day and we were OK”, despite the fact that quite a lot of people actually died from it, so you weren’t OK at all.

Those of us that are actually ill have experienced the fallacy of this - it fucks you up. Chronic illness reduces your productivity and costs the state, in both NHS costs and lost tax.

I might not mind much if people’s personal stupidity affected only them. But in this case we have the already-sick, with weakened immune systems, who might not be able to be immunised. Why should they be threatened? And ultimately the kids - they didn’t choose to have moron parents, or to get a totally preventable disease.

(And yes, I got the sarcasm!)

3 Likes

FFS !!!

Before posting, consider this;
a) Try reading the entire post.
b) What sort of characters do we have on this Forum
c) Consider your position on this statement, “There is too much outrage for outrage sake these days.”

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

To be fair, the situation as far as infection (and to a much lesser extent vaccination) goes is actually complex Time to abandon the hygiene hypothesis: new perspectives on allergic disease, the human microbiome, infectious disease prevention and the role of targeted hygiene - PMC. There are benefits to be gained by establishing a diverse and robust microbiome in early years and maintaining it for as long as possible. Some microbes really are good for us.

The facts are that measles doesn’t harm most people in the long term (at least most members of populations which have lived with the disease for centuries) and vaccinations don’t harm most people either. But measles and vaccinations do harm some people (e.g. potentially fatal anaphylaxis hits slightly more than one in a million people as a result of a vaccine). In the case of measles the overall impact of the disease seems to be a great deal worse than the overall impact of the vaccinations, so measles vaccinations are very much the right thing to do. In some years the flu vaccine, though, does hardly any good at all https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j4146 and the money would have been better spent on something else.

In the end it comes down to trusting the judgement of experts. If they tell you that having the vaccine is much, much less risky than not having it then you really ought to believe them. But there’s a subset of people who struggle with that and another subset who make a name for themselves by encouraging the first lot, often by grossly oversimplifying the complex reality.

VB

1 Like

And try to consider that some of us may well have been very personally affected by the issue under discussion. So before you chastise anybody gain an understanding of their position

Come on SJS, the post from htm_1968 was so obviously heaped in sarcasm and Ozzys reply exactly what you would expect on here - harsh but fair.

You’ve got to ride the waves on here and not take anything personally :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re not new to this stuff.
It’s a forum. People have opinions. Try looking at what’s being posted AND it’s context.

If you have been deeply affected by the subject matter, then maybe more consideration is appropriate before posting.

BTW, this is my personal opinion not necessarily the opinion of the other Mods of this forum.

We have Mods :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

Once you see their taste in music, you learn not to expect too much from them

4 Likes

Sorry but I thought I was 100% clear about the sarcasm and even layered on a bit about resources to be sure. I wouldn’t knowingly set out to offend, but as my immune system is absolutely fecked from chemo I’m acutely aware of the impact of the failure to immunise.

MMR and chicken pox are diseases that we do not need to suffer. Deciding to expose kids to the risk of these and other nastier illnesses is a somewhat strange choice.

We don’t have very much to do. We get bored :pensive:

I used to like you :unamused:

That is a fib. You dislike everybody. It is one of the shining examples of equality and/or equal opportunities in our crumbling society…

Bugger ! I’ve been rumbled :frowning:

Oh well. As you were :+1: