The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Marcos Mantula.

3 Likes

Seem to remember from a year in Portsmouth that there was little investment in South Coast transport infrastructure, tho’ the Portsmouth S’ton motorway did come along.

Wondered what it was. Is it rare?

Posh kit car from 60s/70s/80s/90s
They went bust in 2007.
Not at nice as a Peerless.
They became hideous in their later years

Dude clearly took a lot of notice of the “No parking” sign.

Maybe he lives there and it is his sign.
Not enforceable either way.

1 Like

rare as in ‘still on the road’ yes
IIRC the exhaust system is held on by rubber mounts (mini?) however if one went the remaining mounts weren’t strong enough and so it fell off. Knew a chap had one, regularly arrived home on the back of a low loader with the system hanging off

Says more about the driver, than the car. Once you knew what the problem was, why not fix it??

he was a doctor and right up his arse, amused me

:+1:

Dog years surely :thinking:

1 Like

One of our neighbours was a bit of a petrolhead and had a nice selection of cars. Turns out he had a Marcos Mantula in his garage, too, and I only discovered on the day he moved out. :persevere:

Always loved Marcos cars - they were made in Westbury, where my mother hails from and I’m still in touch with someone who used to work there. One day a mid-90s Mantara WILL be mine!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FJzNPIYUqGk/Vkx2SQfacoI/AAAAAAAAL7E/V2-Gj7IzTw0/s1600/DSC_0367.JPG

I always liked this car from the sixties.
The Piper GT.

5 Likes

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/1972PiperGTP2.jpg/1920px-1972PiperGTP2.jpg

Another view.

2 Likes

The Piper was lovely, they are rare.

The Marcos is quick but built by badgers. If you really want hair shirt, Westfield or Caterham

1 Like

Gosh, that white one is fantastic. Never heard of them before.

A friend has one of these

Peerless GT
He also has one of these

Ginetta G12
He is a bit of a kit car nut job.

6 Likes

I think there’s someone on this forum who has a Peerless. Brought it to @Stepmotheratomicbomb 's last bake off IIRC. I can’t remember who it was though.

I thought it was his.