The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

https://www.lakesdistillery.com/tours-i20

Alpacas, gin or both. Where is @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion?

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/producers/glasgow-baker-makes-amazing-recreation-of-celtic-park-in-cake-form/

2 Likes

Iā€™m having to watch the Proms in SD because there is a noticeable delay to the sound in HD. Looks fucking stupid, like the conductor is just waggling randomly :rofl:

Thatā€™s pretty much how all conductors look to me.

4 Likes

They could do mostly without him for the performance tbh. Heā€™s done most of his job in the rehearsals.

Who would do the job of walking on and off repeatedly and pointlessly at the end if he wasnā€™t there?

1 Like

I kinda fancy one of these, and itā€™s silly money. Plus vat, I guessā€¦

Screenshot_20180820-113845

I like that

At least it has a flat screen - i hate those ones where the screen curves around the edgesā€¦:confounded:

2 Likes

Get one of those with with free crypto-mining software installed :laughing:

I love the curves - the software that lurks in the edge is very useful

Itā€™s not for me. I disabled it all on my Samsung thingy-edge because I kept fat-fingering it with my big sausagey paws.

Then I gave the damned thing to the Niece - She, Destroyer Of Phones.

My TT dust cover arrived today from Plastics online, a standard model which should fit according to my measurements. Unfortunately I didnā€™t allow for the arm lift :roll_eyes: Soo, I have as far as I can see, 2 choices, get a piece cut out to fit over, or bend the vertical piece out to clear the obstruction. Whaddya think? :thinking:

Perspex is easier to cut than bend :+1:

It looks like there is enough overhang on the platter, so drill a new spindle hole.

:scream: My OCD wouldnā€™t allow that Greg.

What would be the best way to cut it Jim?

For Ā£40, I would order another one. They might even give you something back on yours.

Itā€™s not a custom job, just their standard cover, and it was Ā£60.

For that small cut out John, Iā€™d use a junior hacksaw and then finish off with a file. Or you could stitch-drill and finish with a file.

Always make sure the edge is supported as close to the cut as you can to prevent cracking - if stitch-drilling, put a block of wood under and drill through the plastic into the wood.

2 Likes